How to avoid spending money at Mildenhall

Simon Brooke wrote:

> It's a bloody great Nexus eight speed hub in a 26" rim with an unusually
> deep section. It's laced two cross. Consequently the spokes are
> remarkably short. Over all a very practical, workmanlike sort of bike,
> but I was surprised how heavy it was.

Compared to a Dolan?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

They used dogs. They used probes. They used cardio plate
crossoffs. They used teepers. They used bribery. They used
stick tites. They used intimidation. They used torment. They
used torture. They used finks. They used cops. They used
search and seizure. They used fallaron. They used betterment
incentives. They used finger prints. They used the bertillion
system. They used cunning. They used guile. They used
treachery. They used Raoul-Mitgong but he wasn't much help.
They used applied physics. They used techniques of criminology.
And what the hell, they caught him. (Harlan Ellison, "Repent,
Harlequin, said the Tick-Tock Man")

Tony Raven wrote:
> Don Whybrow wrote on 28/08/2006 22:33 +0100:
>

>> As an aside here, does anyone know of any sites that given details of
>> rims and hubs will tell you the spoke lengths you need?.
>>

> AUSHTA. http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/spocalc.htm

Thanks, I found this and it looks better than others I found.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Are you still here? The message is over. Shoo! Go away!

Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>
> Don Whybrow <[email protected]> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>As an aside here, does anyone know of any sites that given details of
>>rims and hubs will tell you the spoke lengths you need?.
>>

> http://www.bikeschool.com/spokes/
>
> http://www.geocities.com/d_halem/wheel/wheel.html
>
> http://www.damonrinard.com/spocalc.htm
>
> http://www.wheelpro.co.uk/spokecalc/
>
> etc.

Cheers, I suppose I should have looked before I posted ...

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"Lord, please make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am."

in message <[email protected]>, Don Whybrow
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>>
>> It's a bloody great Nexus eight speed hub in a 26" rim with an
>> unusually deep section. It's laced two cross. Consequently the spokes
>> are remarkably short. Over all a very practical, workmanlike sort of
>> bike, but I was surprised how heavy it was.

> Compared to a Dolan?

OK, OK...

...but have you *seen* the size of the world wide spider?