how to become a bicycle mechanic?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc archive' started by me-bf109, May 4, 2003.

  1. me-bf109

    me-bf109 New Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2003
    I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a school which offers training in Illinois? Thanks
    Dan

    Tags:

  2. me-bf109 wrote:

    > I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in
    > Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a
    > school which offers training in Illinois? Thanks Dan

    I believe Christopher Wallace <[email protected]> teaches classes in Chicago or nearby. He is also
    a mechanic at Rapid Transit (1900 W. North).

    -Bob Matter
    -----------
    "Chicago is an October sort of city even in spring."

    -- Nelson Algren

  3. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in
    > Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a
    > school which offers training in Illinois?

    You're kidding, right? CABDA offers one of the most well-known wrenching schools around. For
    details, call local shops until you find a CABDA member. That would likely be the first call, if
    not the second. HTH --Karen M.