how to become a bicycle mechanic?

me-bf109

New Member
May 4, 2003
I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a school which offers training in Illinois? Thanks
Dan

me-bf109 wrote:

> I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in
> Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a
> school which offers training in Illinois? Thanks Dan

I believe Christopher Wallace <[email protected]> teaches classes in Chicago or nearby. He is also
a mechanic at Rapid Transit (1900 W. North).

-Bob Matter
"Chicago is an October sort of city even in spring."

-- Nelson Algren

Dan wrote:
> I would like to become a bicycle mechanic; however I can't find any training institution in
> Chicago land are. All schools are located in the Western states. Maybe someone knows if there is a
> school which offers training in Illinois?

You're kidding, right? CABDA offers one of the most well-known wrenching schools around. For
details, call local shops until you find a CABDA member. That would likely be the first call, if
not the second. HTH --Karen M.