How to bicycle through Perth?

BikeManiac

Guest
Dear all,

As mentioned in previous posts I will be biking the perimeter of
Australia this year. I only have a rough HEMA map for the trip but I
probably need to go through Perth somehow. Here are the details:

1. I will be coming from north following HWY 1 (Brand HWY).

First of all I need to know whether I should catch up with HWY 1 again
or follow HWY 20 instead (both going to Bunbury). Which is best for
bicycles? Next I need to know how I can come through Perth the easiest
way possible ideally passing a well-equipped bike shop on my way. Last
I want to know if I should turn right just after the Moore River north
of Perth to catch up with HWY 60 (following the coast line reeeaally
close passing Sorrento, Scarborough, Fremantle). Are there some online
resources for guiding me thorugh that large city - or can somebody
suggest a good route?

Thanks in advance, Lucas Jensen

BikeManiac wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> (following the coast line reeeaally
> close passing Sorrento, Scarborough, Fremantle).

That's the way I'd go. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with
any other route. But down the coast through Perth is a nice ride. There
are Backpackers Hostels in Scarborough and Freo, camping just south of
Freo. There is a largish bikeshop in central Freo.