How to change Clock-time in Cateye Mity 8

mstuartev

Guest
I have a Cateye Mity 8.
for some reason the clock is running about 18-20 minutes slow
Having an accurate clock on the bike might be nice (like for getting
to work on time!)

I have the user guide, but my questions is... can you make changes on
the Mity 8 without WIPING out all the original settings?
if you push the SET button and start messing around, can I just adjust
the CLOCK only? the guide is not real clear on this

thanks
Mark E
MSTUARTEV at TDS dot. NET

On Jun 29, 10:40 am, mstuartev <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a Cateye Mity 8.
> for some reason the clock is running about 18-20 minutes slow
> Having an accurate clock on the bike might be nice (like for getting
> to work on time!)
>
> I have the user guide, but my questions is... can you make changes on
> the Mity 8 without WIPING out all the original settings?
> if you push the SET button and start messing around, can I just adjust
> the CLOCK only? the guide is not real clear on this

You can find Cateye owner's manuals on the web.

http://www.cateye.com/en/pages/tech_support

On Jun 29, 3:04 pm, Camilo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 10:40 am, mstuartev <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have a Cateye Mity 8.
> > for some reason the clock is running about 18-20 minutes slow
> > Having an accurate clock on the bike might be nice (like for getting
> > to work on time!)

> > I have the user guide, but my questions is... can you make changes on
> > the Mity 8 without WIPING out all the original settings?
> > if you push the SET button and start messing around, can I just adjust
> > the CLOCK only? the guide is not real clear on this

> You can find Cateye owner's manuals on the web.
>
> http://www.cateye.com/en/pages/tech_support

Yes I have the downloaded manual
what I want to know is... if I go into the 'set' mode, will I lose all
my settings?
I guess I will just plow in there, jot down my ODO # and wheel size

thanks

On Jun 29, 7:05 pm, mstuartev <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 3:04 pm, Camilo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 29, 10:40 am, mstuartev <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I have a Cateye Mity 8.
> > > for some reason the clock is running about 18-20 minutes slow
> > > Having an accurate clock on the bike might be nice (like for getting
> > > to work on time!)

> > > I have the user guide, but my questions is... can you make changes on
> > > the Mity 8 without WIPING out all the original settings?
> > > if you push the SET button and start messing around, can I just adjust
> > > the CLOCK only? the guide is not real clear on this

> > You can find Cateye owner's manuals on the web.

> >http://www.cateye.com/en/pages/tech_support

> Yes I have the downloaded manual
> what I want to know is... if I go into the 'set' mode, will I lose all
> my settings?
> I guess I will just plow in there, jot down my ODO # and wheel size
>
> thanks

I figured it out
thanks

mstuartev wrote:

> Yes I have the downloaded manual
> what I want to know is... if I go into the 'set' mode, will I lose all
> my settings?
> I guess I will just plow in there, jot down my ODO # and wheel size

I buy the cheapest of the cheap computers just for keeping up with
cumulative mileage and miles per hour. Do any of these computers keep
up with time all that well? I just wear a Timex Ironman-type watch
except it also has a compass.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:28:12 -0500, catzz66
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I buy the cheapest of the cheap computers just for keeping up with
>cumulative mileage and miles per hour. Do any of these computers keep
>up with time all that well? I just wear a Timex Ironman-type watch
>except it also has a compass.

I haven't had a computer yet that keeps time to within 15 minutes per
six months. I think they're now floating part way between standard
and daylight time.

Pat

Email address works as is.