How to cook ant steaks ?

Ralf Dieholt

Guest
Anyone knows good recipes for ant steaks ?

I have many fresh ants, but how can I prepare their steaks?

In article <[email protected]>, Ralf Dieholt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone knows good recipes for ant steaks ?
>
> I have many fresh ants, but how can I prepare their steaks?

Well, Ralf, contrary to what you'd expect, you have to use a large pan, because if you get them too
close to one another, they'll just simmer instead of searing. Here's the recipe I use:

Ant Steaks (exported from Menu Genius 4.7.7)

6 ant steaks, all but 0.001mm fat removed 6T unsalted butter 1t salt pepper to taste 1T flour 3
med ant eggs

Mix butter and salt and allow to rest in refrigerator for 1-3 hours for flavors to blend. Lightly
scramble the eggs. Dip steaks in egg and dredge lightly in flour. Heat butter in large (24-inch)
frying pan over medium heat. A cast iron pan works best. When the butter begins to brown, quickly
add the steaks, being sure to leave at least six inches between each. Fry for 0.6 seconds on one
side, then turn over for 0.3 seconds on the other side. Remove to a warmed platter in the oven.
Prepare a pan sauce from the drippings and pour over the steaks. Pepper liberally and serve at once.
Makes four servings.

Mike Beede

In article <220220041053466656%[email protected]>,
Mike Beede <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Ralf Dieholt
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Anyone knows good recipes for ant steaks ?
> >
> > I have many fresh ants, but how can I prepare their steaks?
>
> Well, Ralf, contrary to what you'd expect, you have to use a large pan, because if you get them
> too close to one another, they'll just simmer instead of searing. Here's the recipe I use:
>
> Ant Steaks (exported from Menu Genius 4.7.7)
>
> 6 ant steaks, all but 0.001mm fat removed 6T unsalted butter 1t salt pepper to taste 1T flour 3
> med ant eggs
>
> Mix butter and salt and allow to rest in refrigerator for 1-3 hours for flavors to blend. Lightly
> scramble the eggs. Dip steaks in egg and dredge lightly in flour. Heat butter in large (24-inch)
> frying pan over medium heat. A cast iron pan works best. When the butter begins to brown, quickly
> add the steaks, being sure to leave at least six inches between each. Fry for 0.6 seconds on one
> side, then turn over for 0.3 seconds on the other side. Remove to a warmed platter in the oven.
> Prepare a pan sauce from the drippings and pour over the steaks. Pepper liberally and serve at
> once. Makes four servings.
>
> Mike Beede

Good start. Here are more:

http://www.recipesource.com/munchies/snacks/chocolate-covered-ants1.html http://www.sam-