How to disassemble the front suspension

Solanog

Feb 12, 2004
My Marin Bobcat trail is equiped with a Insync 323 suspension, is about 4 months old I use it on dirt roads and today's morning it became stuck, it won't travel more than about an inch or two. The seals on the adjustable (left side) poped up.
How do I disassemble it for fixing? Does this model uses suspension oil? Are there any diagrams of suspensions I can use, where can I find them?
Would it be repairable or should I need a new suspension?
Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Solanog
My Marin Bobcat trail is equiped with a Insync 323 suspension, is about 4 months old I use it on dirt roads and today's morning it became stuck, it won't travel more than about an inch or two. The seals on the adjustable (left side) poped up.
How do I disassemble it for fixing? Does this model uses suspension oil? Are there any diagrams of suspensions I can use, where can I find them?
Would it be repairable or should I need a new suspension?
Thanks for your help.

BTW today while I was going downhill, the front brake began smoking due to the oil spilled over it, should I change pads or just wash them?

i have no idea how to take it apart, i have the same Insync323 Suspension set up on my Trek 4300....if anyone could let us know how to dis-assemble them, that'd be much appreciated. The pamphlet that came with it didnt really say much about anythign i needed to know, other than setting the pre-load.

one more thing, which of the RockShox Forks does this Insync323 come the closest to in performance? i'm looking at upgrading soon....

thanks.

Try to find a website with the service manual

if they are oil filled they can be a bit of a pain to pull apart cause you have to be careful to collect the oil and also have spare oil to refill them.

If in doubt ask a bike shop or the bike manufacturer

No oil. Just a spring in the cylinder on the left, and empty on the right. you can remove the cover under the adjuster, with a large adjustable wrench - carefully!

To my knowledge Insync 323 is ****e, i wanted to buy a TREK 4400 but think i'll go for the 6500 (Rockshox Pilot C). The Insync 323 compares to the Judy....except the Judy is better..and the Pilot even more better.

Originally posted by sugufish
what is the lightest fork around? Rockshox sid???

hmm, i dont really know but even if there is anything lighter id probly still go with SID.

gotta love those SID's :p