How to do straight leg lifts?

Whenever I try running on a daily basis, my right kneecap gets
dislodged. It floats around freely, and there's severe pain behind the
kneecap. I've been told it's called runner's knee or somesuch.

I *think* the proper way to avoid future problems like that is by doing
"straight leg lifts" and "squats" (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

The problem is... I'm actually one of the very few people that flunked
P.E. class. I have no idea what is involved in "straight leg lifts"
and "squats". I've tried googling the subject. Apparently, everyone
else knows how to do proper "straight leg lifts" and "squats" mean, so
nobody bothers trying to explain it.

So if someone would kindly humor me...

[email protected] wrote:
> So if someone would kindly humor me...

My only advice is to ignore Doug Freezepop, and Donald Realbitchy,
because they know nothing about anything having to do with "straight".

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Whenever I try running on a daily basis, my right kneecap gets
> dislodged. It floats around freely, and there's severe pain behind the
> kneecap. I've been told it's called runner's knee or somesuch.
>
> I *think* the proper way to avoid future problems like that is by doing
> "straight leg lifts" and "squats" (if I'm wrong, please correct me).
>
> The problem is... I'm actually one of the very few people that flunked
> P.E. class. I have no idea what is involved in "straight leg lifts"
> and "squats". I've tried googling the subject. Apparently, everyone
> else knows how to do proper "straight leg lifts" and "squats" mean, so
> nobody bothers trying to explain it.
>
> So if someone would kindly humor me...

Hi,
You are correct in thinking exercising the muscles will help. This way
the muscles will take the more of the load from tendons, etc. so that
you are less prone to injury. Do not forget about proper warmup and
cooldown+streching too.

Please follow the link to find the answers to your questions.

http://www.sportsmed.buffalo.edu/info/meniscal3.html

You can find additional exercises in this site, grouped by injury type.
--
Burak
please remove Dot NOREPLY Dot to reply