How to find campgrounds.

>[email protected]

>Where can I find lists of campgrounds in the US and Canada?

On the internet, of course. :>)

Try a Google search for something like "campground associations".

Sig Chicago

> Where can I find lists of campgrounds in the US and Canada?

I doubt if there are any consolidated lists of all campgrounds, but most states have lists of
*state-owned* campgrounds on the internet. Private campground listings are often available from the
local Chamber of Commerce.

Where are you interested in? I know that Missouri, New York, Massachusetts and New Hampshire allow
you to make reservations at state- run campgrounds online.

it's morning".

Ed <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Where can I find lists of campgrounds in the US and Canada?

Ontario publishes a free (to you - *I* pay for it) guide to accomodation which, as I recall,
includes campgrounds - rates and ratings. Also motels, hotels, possibly bed and breakfasts. Been
a while since I obtained one.

I would expect other provincial tourism ministries to publish similar guides. Even the states may
have something similar.

Canadian Automobile Association (and I imagine other auto clubs) used to publish booklets for each
state / province, which included accomodation. Again, it's been a while, I believe they included
campgrounds. Membership cost about C$50/year, which is hard to justify unless you also need the
benefits like roadside assistance, towing, route guides, etc.

There are chains such as KOA which may have a master directory.

You might start with a search for their homepages, or try one of the online directories for areas
of interest.

hth

Ed wrote:

> Where can I find lists of campgrounds in the US and Canada?

Go toyour local public library. There are numerous sources that will give you more info than you
can handle.

Especially try Woodall's Campground Directory. I t covers all of North America.

Alexander Gilchrist

"Ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Where can I find lists of campgrounds in the US and Canada?

I've used AAA campground booklets alot. They have them for each state, I think. Not sure about
Canada. They don't list all campgrounds but have come in handy several times.