How to find/get a good bike fitting ?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Flatbardave, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Flatbardave

Flatbardave Member

I'm having a little knee soreness
    How do I find a good bike fitting in the Palm Springs area?

Read somewhere to avoid bike shops, they have a bias to sell , not to fit your existing bike

How do I search & look for one with good reviews ?

Tags:

2. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

Even though You've been warned off of bike shops, I would still check out at least a couple in your local area. Although they have a basis to sell, they still need to sell something that would be right for you, so I'm sure some of the more competent ones will be willing to help a lot more to get a sale.

Good luck in your quest! :)

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Talk to the locals and hit all the Google 'southern California bike fitters' threads that pull up. It's going to take a lot of reading and some phone calls.

No clue about this outfit, but it came up in a search: http://maxperformancebikefit.com/

4. Flatbardave

Flatbardave Member

Feel pretty good after 100 mile tdps, thinking I have the bike fitting pretty good. My need some saddle adj, some numbness.

5. CAMPYBOB

Most flat bar bikes carry more weight percentage on the posterior, I'm sure you are aware of that...so saddle positioning is probably as or more critical than a conventional drop bar rode bike.

I noticed in the finish picture of your bike that the saddle 'appeared' to have a nose up tilt. It could have been an optical illusion or just my ancient eyes, but I would look at that and see if you could lower the nose a couple degrees.

6. CAMPYBOB

[​IMG]

Yeah, looks 'nose up' in this picture.

7. Weatherby

Weatherby Well-Known Member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palm+springs+bike+shop+fitting

Or, tilt your saddle down and probably raise the saddle but without more details this is a guess. Knee pain is often a saddle height issue.

This sounds like a really simple fitment issue. No selling involved. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay.

8. Flatbardave

Flatbardave Member

Yea, adjusted the new saddle several times on the prep rides, it kept wanting to tilt up for comfort & no slide fwd. As it's breaking in, I think you're right, I can tilt it down some now.
    Books B-17
    image.jpeg