How to find/get a good bike fitting ?

Flatbardave

Dec 16, 2015
MatValley
I'm having a little knee soreness
How do I find a good bike fitting in the Palm Springs area?

Read somewhere to avoid bike shops, they have a bias to sell , not to fit your existing bike

How do I search & look for one with good reviews ?

Even though You've been warned off of bike shops, I would still check out at least a couple in your local area. Although they have a basis to sell, they still need to sell something that would be right for you, so I'm sure some of the more competent ones will be willing to help a lot more to get a sale.

Good luck in your quest! :)

Talk to the locals and hit all the Google 'southern California bike fitters' threads that pull up. It's going to take a lot of reading and some phone calls.

No clue about this outfit, but it came up in a search: http://maxperformancebikefit.com/

Most flat bar bikes carry more weight percentage on the posterior, I'm sure you are aware of that...so saddle positioning is probably as or more critical than a conventional drop bar rode bike.

I noticed in the finish picture of your bike that the saddle 'appeared' to have a nose up tilt. It could have been an optical illusion or just my ancient eyes, but I would look at that and see if you could lower the nose a couple degrees.

image-jpeg.1245

Yeah, looks 'nose up' in this picture.

I'm having a little knee soreness
How do I find a good bike fitting in the Palm Springs area?

Read somewhere to avoid bike shops, they have a bias to sell , not to fit your existing bike

How do I search & look for one with good reviews ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=palm+springs+bike+shop+fitting

Or, tilt your saddle down and probably raise the saddle but without more details this is a guess. Knee pain is often a saddle height issue.

This sounds like a really simple fitment issue. No selling involved. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay.

Yea, adjusted the new saddle several times on the prep rides, it kept wanting to tilt up for comfort & no slide fwd. As it's breaking in, I think you're right, I can tilt it down some now.
Books B-17
image.jpeg