How to fix STI lever???

Bill

Guest
I have a right side Shimano 105 8 speed lever that's messed up. While doing
maintenance, the cable somehow got "jammed" in the shifter and won't come
out. I removed the face bolt and the face and spring popped off. Is it
worth my while to try and service it or is it toast? Thanks - Bill
[email protected]

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a right side Shimano 105 8 speed lever that's messed up. While

doing
> maintenance, the cable somehow got "jammed" in the shifter and won't come
> out. I removed the face bolt and the face and spring popped off. Is it
> worth my while to try and service it or is it toast? Thanks - Bill
> [email protected]

Try one of these fixes:

easiest WD40 flush:
http://www.chainreactionbicycles.com/noisystilevers.htm

Steve Alkire's 105/8spd disassembly/assembly
http://www.cyclingforum.com/features/downloads/STIdisDetail.doc

Bill Cotton's STI repair:
http://www.billcotton.com/sti_shifter_repair.htm

If none of the above work, you're out of luck!

Bill wrote:
> I have a right side Shimano 105 8 speed lever that's messed up. While doing
> maintenance, the cable somehow got "jammed" in the shifter and won't come
> out. I removed the face bolt and the face and spring popped off. Is it
> worth my while to try and service it or is it toast? Thanks - Bill

We have a sure cure for STi problems:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/ergokit.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

bildom-<< I have a right side Shimano 105 8 speed lever that's messed up.
While doing
maintenance, the cable somehow got "jammed" in the shifter and won't come
out. I removed the face bolt and the face and spring popped off. Is it
worth my while to try and service it or is it toast? >><BR><BR>

These things rival spring loaded watches in their complexity. If you take too
much apart, you will not get it back together-

Campagnolo-with a rear der of the same manufacturer will eliminate this
problem.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Imagine if I had actually tried to play the troll.