How to get old pedals off to fit new ones

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Melmel, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Melmel

Melmel New Member

How do i get the pedals off of my bike to put on my Shimano clip ins! Sorry i am new to this!

Thanks

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

3. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Depending on who put your pedals on your bike and how tightly they were installed, you may need to buy-or-borrow a pedal wrench to remove the pedals ...

4. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

That's a good suggestion. You should buy a pedal wrench online. It's one of the best tools to remove a pedal to insert new ones. You can buy the pedal wrench from the local stores and if you want to buy it at a cheaper price, you should buy it online. You can choose from the varieties of pedal available online.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would go to the bike shop and ask help in installing the clips. You also need to do a fitting so it would be adjusted to the desired setting. The bike shop is just near our place and that's what I always do whenever I have needs for my bike. Going to the bike shop relieves me of concerns so my mind is freed from potential stress.

6. concord

concord Member

Unless you are going to do a lot of maintenance than buy your own tools, but the bike shop would be my suggestion. If you do get a peddle wrench one side is right hand threads and the other are left hand threads. If you don't know this you'll be there all day long and probably ruin the crank. Good luck.

7. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Typical...first and only post Melmel bots away, never to be heard from again...until the lame excuse is brought up by his master's silicon.