How to get testosterone without hair loss?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Nov 27, 2005.

  1. So in an effort to increase testaterone production and increase muscle
    growth during weight lifting, I started using DHEA. Testosterone is up
    but unfortunately I started seeing a massive loss of hair as well.

    Any other supplements out there to get the testostertone effects of
    DHEA without the conversion to DHT that causes hair loss? Any way to
    block DHT production? Thanks,

  2. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    A couple of things.
    http://www.viable-herbal.com/singles/herbs/s666.htm

    And Siberian Ginsing which really isn't ginsing,but otherwise known as
    eleutheo.Supposedly stimulates the pituatary gland to produce more insulin
    growth factor-1.

    I'm not sure if either has any effect on hairloss.

    [email protected] wrote:
    > So in an effort to increase testaterone production and increase muscle
    > growth during weight lifting, I started using DHEA. Testosterone is up
    > but unfortunately I started seeing a massive loss of hair as well.
    >
    > Any other supplements out there to get the testostertone effects of
    > DHEA without the conversion to DHT that causes hair loss? Any way to
    > block DHT production? Thanks,

  3. Ernie keeps his test. levels up by looking at naked pics of farrel.

  4. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > So in an effort to increase testaterone production and increase muscle
    > growth during weight lifting, I started using DHEA.

    Will do little for that use. DHEA has its uses in those who are low in
    DHEA, but as a tesosterone booster it sucks.

    > Testosterone is up

    Based on what?

    http://www.brinkzone.com/hairtoday2.html

    > Any other supplements out there to get the testostertone effects of
    > DHEA without the conversion to DHT that causes hair loss?

    Nope.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  5. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  6. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    I'm not sure I can dig it up again Will.About 6 months ago a friend of mine
    was diagnosed with typeII diabetes and being the herbal nut that I am I
    started doing research on a natural remedy for her.

    I found cinnamon and bitter melon as two,but I also remember reading about
    the various types of ginsing and how they can help stabilize blood sugar
    levels.I'll get back to this later.

    Several years ago,I spent a lot of time researching HGH and even used it
    for about a year+ (the type in a spray bottle). Anyway I started digging
    into supplements that could help the body stimulate it's own HGH,as it
    decreases as you get older.

    What I found was that the pituatary gland secretes a hormone while you
    sleep that produces HGH and IGF-1.

    L-Carnitine,L-glutamine and alpha lipolic acid were 3 of the things I found
    that supposedly stimulated the body's production of HGH.

    The reason for this history lesson is that when I was researching ginsing
    as it relates to diabetes,it stuck in my mind about the effect it has on
    balancing the various process that go on throughout our body.One of which
    mentioning the effect on the pituatary gland,HGH levels and the increase in
    sexual desire as well as mood improvement.

    Bottom line is my statements were off the cuff memories from countless
    hours I have spent researching various homeopathic and natural remedies for
    different conditions.

    So I apologize for not being able to produce a link, specifically for the
    Siberian Ginsing but there are countless sites that turn up in general
    searches that are helpful.Maybe, just maybe I assumed that because it
    increased sexual desire,that it came from increased testoserone but it
    could have that effect for different reasons like a vessel dialator or
    something.Russ

    WillBrink <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Russ H.) wrote:
    >
    > > A couple of things.
    > > http://www.viable-herbal.com/singles/herbs/s666.htm
    > >
    > > And Siberian Ginsing which really isn't ginsing,but otherwise known as
    > > eleutheo.Supposedly stimulates the pituatary gland to produce more
    > > insulin growth factor-1.

    > Cite please.

  7. TBR

    TBR Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:00:54 -0500, WillBrink
    <WillBrink*NOSPAM*@Comcast.net> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> So in an effort to increase testaterone production and increase muscle
    >> growth during weight lifting, I started using DHEA.

    >Will do little for that use. DHEA has its uses in those who are low in
    >DHEA, but as a tesosterone booster it sucks.
    >
    >> Testosterone is up

    >Based on what?
    >
    >> but unfortunately I started seeing a massive loss of hair as well.

    >http://www.brinkzone.com/hairtoday2.html
    >

    >> Any other supplements out there to get the testostertone effects of
    >> DHEA without the conversion to DHT that causes hair loss?

    >Nope.
    >
    >> Any way to
    >> block DHT production?

    >http://www.brinkzone.com/hairtoday2.html

    When it comes to advice on the lack of testosterone, take advice from
    Dink. He's an ex-purt.

  8. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Russ H.) wrote:

    > I'm not sure I can dig it up again Will.About 6 months ago a friend of mine
    > was diagnosed with typeII diabetes and being the herbal nut that I am I
    > started doing research on a natural remedy for her.
    >
    > I found cinnamon and bitter melon as two,but I also remember reading about
    > the various types of ginsing and how they can help stabilize blood sugar
    > levels.

    Cool, but what does that have to do with IGF-1?

    >I'll get back to this later.

    OK.

    > Several years ago,I spent a lot of time researching HGH and even used it
    > for about a year+ (the type in a spray bottle).

    Then it was not HGH.

    > Anyway I started digging
    > into supplements that could help the body stimulate it's own HGH,as it
    > decreases as you get older.

    Arg works well enough and is used to test for HGH, but actual effects in
    body comp don't happen.

    > What I found was that the pituatary gland secretes a hormone while you
    > sleep that produces HGH and IGF-1.
    >
    > L-Carnitine,L-glutamine and alpha lipolic acid were 3 of the things I found
    > that supposedly stimulated the body's production of HGH.

    Hitting yourself on the head with a hammer increases HGH as does
    standing in the cold, but neither appear to have any effects on what
    matters: bodycomp.

    > The reason for this history lesson is that when I was researching ginsing
    > as it relates to diabetes,it stuck in my mind about the effect it has on
    > balancing the various process that go on throughout our body.One of which
    > mentioning the effect on the pituatary gland,HGH levels and the increase in
    > sexual desire as well as mood improvement.

    Data does not really support any of that. Most well done studies on
    ginseng find some interesting effects, but it's no endocrine super
    regulator. For example:

    J Strength Cond Res. 2002 May;16(2):179-83.

    Effects of ginseng ingestion on growth hormone, testosterone, cortisol,
    and insulin-like growth factor 1 responses to acute resistance exercise.

    Youl Kang H, Hwan Kim S, Jun Lee W, Byrne HK.

    Department of Physical Education, Kyungpook National University, Taegu,
    702-701, Korea.

    Ginseng, an herbal plant, has been ingested by many athletes in Oriental
    regions of the world in order to improve stamina and to facilitate rapid
    recovery from injuries. However, adequate investigation has not been
    conducted to examine the ergogenic effects of ginseng. To examine the
    effects of ginseng supplements on hormonal status following acute
    resistance exercise, eight male college students were randomly given
    water (control; CON) or 20 g of ginseng root extract (GIN) treatment
    immediately after a standardized exercise bout. Venous blood samples
    were drawn before and immediately after exercise and at 4 time points
    during a 2-hour recovery period. Human growth hormone, testosterone,
    cortisol, and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) levels were
    determined by radioimmunoassay. The responses of plasma hormones
    following ginseng consumption were not significant between CON and GIN
    treatments during the 2-hour recovery period. These results do not
    support the use of ginseng to promote an anabolic hormonal status
    following resistance exercise.

    Life Sci. 2001 Dec 14;70(4):431-42.

    The effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus and Panax ginseng on steroidal
    hormone indices of stress and lymphocyte subset numbers in endurance
    athletes.

    Gaffney BT, Hugel HM, Rich PA.
    School of Nursing. Faculty of Nursing and Health, Griffith University,
    Meadowbrook, Queensland, Australia. [email protected]

    A clinical trial was undertaken to investigate the effects of
    Eleutherococcus senticosus (ES) and Panax ginseng (PG) on competitive
    club-level endurance athletes engaged in their normal in-season
    training. Participants were matched for training stress and received a
    33% ethanolic extract (8 mL/day) containing either ES, PG (equivalent to
    4 g and 2 g/day of dried root, respectively), or a placebo. A pre-test
    and post-test were used to evaluate the effects of six weeks of
    supplementation on cortisol, testosterone, and testosterone to cortisol
    ratio (TCR) as well as circulating numbers of total T-cells, T-helper
    cells (CD4), T-suppressor cells (CD8), CD4 to CD8 ratio, natural killer
    cells, and B lymphocytes. None of the immune system variables changed
    significantly nor showed any clear trend from pre to post test in any of
    the treatment groups. No significant change in testosterone, cortisol or
    TCR was observed in the PG group. In the ES group, however, TCR
    decreased by 28.7% from 0.0464 to 0.0331 (P=0.03). The main contribution
    to this decrease appeared to be a non-significant (P= 0.07) 31% trend
    towards increased cortisol rather than a very small non-significant (P =
    0.36) 7% decrease in the calculated mean for testosterone. This result
    suggested that contrary to initial expectation, ES increased rather than
    decreased hormonal indices of stress, which may be consistent with
    animal research suggesting a threshold of stress below which ES
    increases the stress response and above which ES decreases the stress
    response.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  9. Well .. what is causing the hair loss .. ?

    Come .. on .. how can you figure to treat this unless you know what is
    causing .. it ..

    Let's see if any of these guys can figure it out ..

    WHAT .. 'about' .. testosterones' .. effects .. seem to ALSO .. cause
    ... hairloss ..

    Eh ..

    Big question .. big money to be .. made ..

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  10. Viscosity .. the body is attempting to thin the blood .. due to
    increased red blood cells .. and thusly by REPLACING the testosterone
    one is .. interfering ..

    By increasing the production of red blood cells .. one causes ..
    hyperviscosity ..

    Blood, 1968, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 453-460.
    © 1968 American Society of Hematology, Inc.

    The Effect of Testosterone on Erythropoietin Levels in Anemic Patients
    N. RISHPON-MEYERSTEIN 1, T. KILBRIDGE 1, J. SIMONE 1, and W. FRIED 1
    1 Department of Medicine, VA West Side Hospital and the Department of
    Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Illinois College of Medicine.

    Studies in five patients with various types of anemias have shown that
    testosterone can increase plasma erythropoietin levels in humans. We
    suggest that testosterone stimulates erythropoiesis in some anemic
    patients by this mechanism.

    Submitted on August 14, 1967
    Accepted on October 15, 1967

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  11. low dose naltrexone, somehow aceives both hair growth for MPB, and
    stimulates sex drive, i assume, via testosterone or DHEA. It worked for
    me.

  12. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Russ H." <[email protected]> wrote
    > My friend weighs 120 lbs asshole.

    OH MY GOD!! She has a 120 pound asshole?! DAMN! Is that some kind of tumor?
    I hope it's benign. How come she hasn't had it removed yet?

    > So much for what you know about diabetes.

    True. I don't even know what that there diabetes means. I bet IGF-1 is
    involved, huh?

    > You're one of those elitists pricks that condemn and critisize evryone
    > else
    > but don't know shit themselves.

    I am NOT an elitist prick. I have spent many years sharing my prick with
    women of all socioeconomic classes.

    > I see you made no contribution to the subject at hand but found it
    > necessary to nitpick over something I said, trying to make one.Different
    > people have different hobbies.I see yours is being an annoying asshole.

    It's not a hobby. It's a profession.

    David
    have pointy stick, will crosspost

  13. NWCurandero

    NWCurandero Guest

    Well, let me add my two cents. In my experience any time I supplement
    hormones it seems to go much better if I also supplement taurine.
    Taurine is well known for its ability to stop hair from falling out.

  14. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    I'll try to ignore the fact you have no reading comprehension skills and
    dwell on the fact you have to go into poverty stricken neighborhoods to get
    laid. Don't come crying to us when your 2" dick falls off LMAO.Dumass.

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Russ H." <[email protected]> wrote
    > > My friend weighs 120 lbs asshole.

    > OH MY GOD!! She has a 120 pound asshole?! DAMN! Is that some kind of
    > tumor? I hope it's benign. How come she hasn't had it removed yet?
    >
    > > So much for what you know about diabetes.

    > True. I don't even know what that there diabetes means. I bet IGF-1 is
    > involved, huh?
    >
    > > You're one of those elitists pricks that condemn and critisize evryone
    > > else
    > > but don't know shit themselves.

    > I am NOT an elitist prick. I have spent many years sharing my prick with
    > women of all socioeconomic classes.
    >
    > > I see you made no contribution to the subject at hand but found it
    > > necessary to nitpick over something I said, trying to make
    > > one.Different people have different hobbies.I see yours is being an
    > > annoying asshole.

    > It's not a hobby. It's a profession.
    >
    > David
    > have pointy stick, will crosspost

  15. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    Hadn't heard this one before.Are you talking about the amino acid taurine?

    "NWCurandero" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Well, let me add my two cents. In my experience any time I supplement
    > hormones it seems to go much better if I also supplement taurine.
    > Taurine is well known for its ability to stop hair from falling out.

  16. Joe Humble

    Joe Humble Guest

    On 27 Nov 2005 23:21:04 GMT, [email protected] (Russ H.)
    wrote:

    >I'll try to ignore the fact you have no reading comprehension skills and
    >dwell on the fact you have to go into poverty stricken neighborhoods to get
    >laid.

    He's NEVER gotten laid.

    >Don't come crying to us when your 2" dick falls off LMAO.Dumass.

    You give him too much credit. He has a 1" dick.

  17. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    LOL..Well Joe you might be right.Anyone who brags about his sexual prowless
    where it isn't called for must be insecure about his manhood.

    I'm guessing "across socio-economic" adds some bonus points, but probably
    means he just had to pay less in the poor neighborhoods.

    Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 27 Nov 2005 23:21:04 GMT, [email protected] (Russ H.)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I'll try to ignore the fact you have no reading comprehension skills and
    > >dwell on the fact you have to go into poverty stricken neighborhoods to
    > >get laid.

    > He's NEVER gotten laid.
    >
    > >Don't come crying to us when your 2" dick falls off LMAO.Dumass.

    > You give him too much credit. He has a 1" dick.

  18. Russ H.

    Russ H. Guest

    LOL..Well Joe you might be right.Anyone who brags about his sexual prowless
    where it isn't called for must be insecure about his manhood.

    I'm guessing "across socio-economic" adds some bonus points, but probably
    means he just had to pay less in the poor neighborhoods.

    Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 27 Nov 2005 23:21:04 GMT, [email protected] (Russ H.)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I'll try to ignore the fact you have no reading comprehension skills and
    > >dwell on the fact you have to go into poverty stricken neighborhoods to
    > >get laid.

    > He's NEVER gotten laid.
    >
    > >Don't come crying to us when your 2" dick falls off LMAO.Dumass.

    > You give him too much credit. He has a 1" dick.

  19. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Russ H." <[email protected]> wrote
    > Hadn't heard this one before.

    Have you heard the one about the two rabbis that walk into the bar?

    > Are you talking about the amino acid taurine?

    I'm sure he's talking about the floor polish.

    You're funny. I like you. You make me laugh.

    David

    > "NWCurandero" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Well, let me add my two cents. In my experience any time I supplement
    >> hormones it seems to go much better if I also supplement taurine.
    >> Taurine is well known for its ability to stop hair from falling out.

  20. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Russ H." <[email protected]> wrote
    > LOL..Well Joe you might be right.

    "Joe" is always right, which is why he really doesn't need to be so
    "humble".

    > Anyone who brags about his sexual prowless

    I rarely have to prowl for it.

    > where it isn't called for

    You're the one who first mentioned my prick.

    > must be insecure about his manhood.

    Yes. I am. Can you offer some herbal help?

    > I'm guessing "across socio-economic" adds some bonus points, but probably
    > means he just had to pay less in the poor neighborhoods.

    Your racism is very disturbing.

    David