How to I adjust my STI levers?

Paulus

Guest
One of my levers is coming loose from the handlebar. MY instructions are in 6 languages - none is
English so I am having trouble interpreting the pictures!

Does anyone have a computerised manual (or can they scan in the english version and email me?)

My address is halienatihugdotcomdotau

Thanks

Originally posted by Paulus
One of my levers is coming loose from the handlebar. MY instructions are in 6 languages - none is
English so I am having trouble interpreting the pictures!

Does anyone have a computerised manual (or can they scan in the english version and email me?)

My address is halienatihugdotcomdotau

Thanks
I'd like to know this as well. Is there a way to retighten the shifters without completely removing the bar tape?

On 10 Aug 2003 11:53:37 +0950, bigfloppyllama <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'd like to know this as well. Is there a way to retighten the shifters without completely removing
>the bar tape?

If you pull back the front of the hood a little, you will see a channel where you slip a 5mm allen
wrench in to tighten the lever.

You want to make sure they are good and tight. If they are loose and you hit a pothole while
riding the hoods, the lever can slip down on the bar thus pulling on the brake cable and locking
up the brakes.

Happend to me, luckily it was the rear brake.

On 10 Aug 2003 11:53:37 +0950, bigfloppyllama <[email protected]> wrote:

>Paulus wrote:
> > One of my levers is coming loose from the handlebar. MY instructions are in 6 languages - none
> > is English so I am having trouble interpreting the pictures! Does anyone have a computerised
> > manual (or can they scan in the english version and email me?) My address is
> > halienatihugdotcomdotau Thanks
>

>I'd like to know this as well. Is there a way to retighten the shifters without completely removing
>the bar tape?

There's a hex nut accessible via a slot, from the front of the lever. You'll see a small groove that
disappears behind the rubber. Slide the hex key in there, and you'll feel it engage a screw head.

I can't remember what size it is, I think it's a 6mm.

Barry

"Paulus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> One of my levers is coming loose from the handlebar. MY instructions are
in
> 6 languages - none is English so I am having trouble interpreting the pictures!
>
> Does anyone have a computerised manual (or can they scan in the english version and email me?)
>
> My address is halienatihugdotcomdotau

Um, regardless of the language (there *is* an English version in there), how about looking at
the picture?

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

I figured it out by investigating the actual unit....no pics on my instructions showed an allen key
and the slot.

Thanks for you help though :)

news:[email protected]...