How to improve 1 minute power?

PSUcycling said:
So you do >10g/day x 4-5 to build and then maintain, how long do you do that for? do you cycle off? if so for how long?

thanks

jmac

I think those choices would be up to you. I think it would depend on how much you take, and how many weeks you take it. Creatine can help with certain types of training, so maybe you'll choose to take it long-term for training, or just for a week or two before a major event. I don't pay attention to information about how long a person can take 10-20g/day because I don't take anywhere near that much. Based on what I remember from reading, you can probably maintain your (elevated) creatine status with 3-5 grams/day.

Creatine sellers would like you to buy as much creatine as possible. How much your body can retain each day may be less than what _they_ recommend.

frenchyge said:
:D I think you've got the S and U right, but probably the wrong P.

Ahh, yes. Penn State University is not in Texas. Penn state's colors were/are blue and white though, like PSUcycling mentioned.

WarrenG said:
Ahh, yes. Penn State University is not in Texas. Penn state's colors were/are blue and white though, like PSUcycling mentioned.

also, do you have a brand that you trust. I'm always leary of using anything marketed to body builders, I just assume everything that is marketed towards them is junk.

p.s. not only that but the PSU that I attended was in kansas!

ahh PoopStainedUniform my ol' alma matar!

PSUcycling said:
also, do you have a brand that you trust. I'm always leary of using anything marketed to body builders, I just assume everything that is marketed towards them is junk.

p.s. not only that but the PSU that I attended was in kansas!

ahh PoopStainedUniform my ol' alma matar!

Creatine is cheap. Just go to a local natural/health foods store you trust and ask them. If they have Twinlabs you can rely on it at least as much as another brand.

Roadie_scum said:
The only thing I am wondering is why you two are always at each others throats. You're clearly a strong athlete Warren - I googled your results and they are very impressive. You could probably learn things from Andy and become even stronger. Is there personal history we don't know about or what?
I like it better when they fight, although I tend to skip the "my father was faster than your father" episodes.

To make a simple analogy, considering Andy as being a citrus (no offence), and Warren as being an Orange, those fights often turn into great limonade.

Now excuse-me, I am going back at page 2.

SolarEnergy said:
To make a simple analogy, considering Andy as being a citrus (no offence), and Warren as being an Orange, those fights often turn into great limonade.
LOL! Solar, I think that one lost something in the translation... :)

acoggan said:
Training this way may better simulate what actually happens when racing, but it likely won't be as effective at improving anaerobic capacity as doing as I suggest. The reason is that the so-called "alactacid" component of anaerobic capacity is reduced in direct proportion to the intensity of preceeding exercise, and the "lactacid" component is as well (although not necessarily in the same quantitative fashion). The net result is that you can't generate as much power during that 1 min interval, thus resulting in less of a demand being placed upon the anaerobic pathways, and more placed upon the aerobic pathways. The latter is going to be especially true when you shorten the rest period all the way down to 1 min - under that situation, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to repeatedly elevate power above that requiring VO2max, much less raise it well into level 6.
Thanks for the advice. After only two weeks of doing this I have moved from the untrained to cat 5 area for one minute power. :)