How to kill two birds with one stone?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
    seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and a
    beta-blocker.

    THX

    FP

    Tags:

  2. francispoon wrote:

    > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
    > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and a
    > beta-blocker.

    Betablockers can worsen migraines.

    > THX

    You are welcome, Francis.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

  3. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
    > > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
    > > a beta-blocker.
    > >

    > Betablockers can worsen migraines.

    in me. Without beta-blocker, calcium channel blocker is less effective. Any remedy?

    FP

    > > THX
    > >

    > You are welcome, Francis.
    >

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  4. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Please give me a hand, brother. I will discuss your advice/suggestion with my doctor here in China.

    Currently my bp regimen is composed of 10mg of Zestril, 2.5 mg of Plendil and 25 mg of beta-locker
    soc. I believe the last one is long acting, as i was told.

    The bp has been maintained at roughly 121-140/75-90. What distresses me is beta-blocker does hinder
    erection. I experienced this many times before and thus i never used it. Now, i have no choice, as
    without beta-blocker the upper pressure is way too high 175-180. What is the remedy here? Should I
    increase the amount of Zestril and Plendil and leave out beta-blocker? Should I introduced some
    diurectics into the regimen? i know it would work with Zestril but i feel a bit hesitant, as i am
    not sure whether it was because of diurectics OR the department 'away from' calcium channel blocker
    a few months ago that led to my tinnitus. My T came out in the process of my changing medication
    from calcium channel blocker to diurectis and ACE inhibitor. Now, with Plendil on, my T has been
    much improved. I think the reason why it has improved is because of blood dilating effect from
    Plendil. Could I give a tablet of FLUNARIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE into the regimen? It was given to me by
    my doc for my migrane. It works well with Zestril and solves my constipation problem!!! I could
    still leaves that 2.5 Plendil there in the morning. Currently, i am taking 5mg of FLUNARIZINE
    HYDROCHLORIDE only before going to bed as a life saver for migraine that may pop up with a loud buzz
    at the middle of the night. By the way, is FLUNARIZINE hydrochloride a calcium channel blocker? Can
    it be used like any other BP medication? I like that medicine. Is it a long acting one?

    Thank you in advance for your reply.

    FP

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
    > > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
    > > a beta-blocker.
    > >

    > Betablockers can worsen migraines.
    >

    > > THX
    > >

    > You are welcome, Francis.
    >

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  5. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
    > > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
    > > a beta-blocker.
    > >

    > Betablockers can worsen migraines.

    But without BB, Plendil or other calcium channel blockers are not effective. So that is a catch 22
    here. I have to increase the amount of Plendil to above 5 mg to do the job. Would it be hard for
    the heart?

    FP

  6. [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message news:<936eaee8.040[email protected]>...
    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > > > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at
    > > > 5mg seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel
    > > > blocker and a beta-blocker.
    > > >

    > > Betablockers can worsen migraines.
    >
    > But without BB, Plendil or other calcium channel blockers are not effective. So that is a catch 22
    > here. I have to increase the amount of Plendil to above 5 mg to do the job. Would it be hard for
    > the heart?

    Shouldn't be.

    Humbly,

    Andrew