How to kill two birds with one stone?

Francispoon

Guest
Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and a
beta-blocker.

THX

FP

francispoon wrote:

> Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
> seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and a
> beta-blocker.

Betablockers can worsen migraines.

> THX

You are welcome, Francis.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L21532147

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
> > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
> > a beta-blocker.
> >

> Betablockers can worsen migraines.

in me. Without beta-blocker, calcium channel blocker is less effective. Any remedy?

FP

> > THX
> >

> You are welcome, Francis.
>

> Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/

Please give me a hand, brother. I will discuss your advice/suggestion with my doctor here in China.

Currently my bp regimen is composed of 10mg of Zestril, 2.5 mg of Plendil and 25 mg of beta-locker
soc. I believe the last one is long acting, as i was told.

The bp has been maintained at roughly 121-140/75-90. What distresses me is beta-blocker does hinder
erection. I experienced this many times before and thus i never used it. Now, i have no choice, as
without beta-blocker the upper pressure is way too high 175-180. What is the remedy here? Should I
increase the amount of Zestril and Plendil and leave out beta-blocker? Should I introduced some
diurectics into the regimen? i know it would work with Zestril but i feel a bit hesitant, as i am
not sure whether it was because of diurectics OR the department 'away from' calcium channel blocker
a few months ago that led to my tinnitus. My T came out in the process of my changing medication
from calcium channel blocker to diurectis and ACE inhibitor. Now, with Plendil on, my T has been
much improved. I think the reason why it has improved is because of blood dilating effect from
Plendil. Could I give a tablet of FLUNARIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE into the regimen? It was given to me by
my doc for my migrane. It works well with Zestril and solves my constipation problem!!! I could
still leaves that 2.5 Plendil there in the morning. Currently, i am taking 5mg of FLUNARIZINE
HYDROCHLORIDE only before going to bed as a life saver for migraine that may pop up with a loud buzz
at the middle of the night. By the way, is FLUNARIZINE hydrochloride a calcium channel blocker? Can
it be used like any other BP medication? I like that medicine. Is it a long acting one?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

FP

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
> > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
> > a beta-blocker.
> >

> Betablockers can worsen migraines.
>

> > THX
> >

> You are welcome, Francis.
>

> Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist http://www.heartmdphd.com/

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at 5mg
> > seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel blocker and
> > a beta-blocker.
> >

> Betablockers can worsen migraines.

But without BB, Plendil or other calcium channel blockers are not effective. So that is a catch 22
here. I have to increase the amount of Plendil to above 5 mg to do the job. Would it be hard for
the heart?

FP

[email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > francispoon wrote:
> >
> > > Any good medication to recommend to treat both migraine and high blood pressure. Plendil at
> > > 5mg seems to do the job. Any others? How about the combination between a calcium channel
> > > blocker and a beta-blocker.
> > >

> > Betablockers can worsen migraines.
>
> But without BB, Plendil or other calcium channel blockers are not effective. So that is a catch 22
> here. I have to increase the amount of Plendil to above 5 mg to do the job. Would it be hard for
> the heart?

Shouldn't be.

Humbly,

Andrew