Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

How to know whether the stem is reversible?

Started by Konstantin Shem · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,364 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 January 2003
Last activity
23 January 2003
Original author
Konstantin Shem
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,364
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
    have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

    Thanks.

    --
    Konstantin Shemyak

    Remove the obvious 2 parts from the "reply-to"

  2. in article [email hidden], Konstantin Shemyak at
    [email hidden] wrote on 01/15/2003 05:41 AM:

    Quoted message said:

    For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
    have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

    Technically, any stem for a threadless steerer is reversible. However, some look like [censored]
    when flipped.

    For example, the 3T Mutant looks like a raging hard-on when flipped.

    Ugliest damn stem I've ever seen.

    --

    Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum
    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti
    ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you double-yew double-ewe
    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  3. "Konstantin Shemyak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
    have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

    All threadless stems can be flipped over. Some of them have aesthetic issues when flipped -
    lettering upside down, handlebar bolt in an unsightly place - but functionally, go right ahead and
    reverse it!

    --
    Andrew Muzi yellowjersey.orgyellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.