How to know whether the stem is reversible?

Konstantin Shem

Guest
For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

Thanks.

--
Konstantin Shemyak

Remove the obvious 2 parts from the "reply-to"

in article [email protected], Konstantin Shemyak at
[email protected] wrote on 01/15/2003 05:41 AM:

> For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
> have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

Technically, any stem for a threadless steerer is reversible. However, some look like ****
when flipped.

For example, the 3T Mutant looks like a raging hard-on when flipped.

Ugliest damn stem I've ever seen.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Konstantin Shemyak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For a threadless stem -- can I reverse any stem I have? Or, some stems are reversible while others
> have only one mounting position? What can be the reason for that?

All threadless stems can be flipped over. Some of them have aesthetic issues when flipped -
lettering upside down, handlebar bolt in an unsightly place - but functionally, go right ahead and
reverse it!