How to make a great bike look ugly.

Walrus

Apr 4, 2004
I realise that looks don't effect performance, so no flaming...

I love Cannondales, love the look, love the approach they take, but Liquigas do a very good job of making theirs look horrible.

Imagine how much better this would look with black/carbon cranks & Fulcrums with Liquigas colouring?

Luca_Paolini_Liquigas_Cannondale_System_Six_full_side_view.jpg

Walrus said:

I love Cannondales, love the look, love the approach they take, but Liquigas do a very good job of making theirs look horrible.

Imagine how much better this would look with black/carbon cranks & Fulcrums with Liquigas colouring?

Luca_Paolini_Liquigas_Cannondale_System_Six_full_side_view.jpg
how is that bike standing on its own?

perhapes its so light it isn't affected by gravity

or it could be a bit of nylon string to the saddle
or the old "quick get out of the way so I can take the photo before the bike falls over" trick

Pro teams like using discusting colour schemes. Makes the team and the bikes stand out and increase the exposure to fans.
Giant however have toned down thier telecom team bikes as they probably weren't selling enough team bikes to customers!

Walrus said:
...I love Cannondales, love the look, love the approach they take, but Liquigas do a very good job of making theirs look horrible....
What Cannondale? Is that a Cannondale? How can you tell?.... :confused:
~

Slugster438 said:
What Cannondale? Is that a Cannondale? How can you tell?.... :confused:
~

If you look very carefully you might see a Cannondale decal. You have to look very carefully......:rolleyes:

alienator said:
If you look very carefully you might see a Cannondale decal. You have to look very carefully......:rolleyes:
I think it's like one of those abstract art things popular some years back where you kind of focus on the whole picture and an image appears that's not initially evident. I did this and I think I saw the word Cannondale somewhere in the image..come to think of it, I think I also saw Elvis.

mikesbytes said:
Pete, your suppose to respond with a joke
Obviously a vampire was riding the bike and the photo was taken from a mirror's reflection.

(okay, okay, the pedals are vertical but everyone knows that vamp's have really, really long Achilles' tendons. :rolleyes: )

Actually, I think the bike looks great. Well, at least compared with the team uniform!

9.jpg

Walrus said:

I don't get it. Aside from the red in the wheels, which clashes with the green, I don't see anything wrong.

If you are daring enough to wear a Leaky Gas team kit then a matching bike is not going to make matters any worse. :p