How to make a great bike look ugly.

roshea said:
Actually, I think the bike looks great. Well, at least compared with the team uniform!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder….and to each his own, which is what Final Flyer was heard to be saying after being caught with a barn yard animal :eek:... in a compromising position.

I wish I could get my bike to stand up like that.

btw: I don't think it's THAT ugly. Beats "Bianchi Blue" IMHO.

Walrus said:
Maybe they roll it past the camera and use a fast shutter speed? :p
Then it must be an iris shutter, or the wheels would be out of true!

sogood said:
That's Bianchi Celeste! Please! :p
Thanks for the update. I can never tell. Sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks green. I guess it ALWAYS looks "Celeste.":p

The team looked way better last year with Bianchi bikes that actually matched the team kit. The team kit was also much cleaner with only a blue stripe, now there is way too much blue.

sma said:
how is that bike standing on its own?
Really skinny rider hiding behind the seat tube?

Super tacky tires?

Maybe they're so good the bikes ride themselves? That'd make the bean counters (of which I am one) very happy.

eh, I don't mind them.

I wouldn't go pay full price for one, but I'd very happily ride a free one :)

^^

in fact, I very nearly bought one these 'Stars and Stripes' models a couple of years ago, just coz the price was good. :) Ok, I'd planned to paint over the stars, but still.....

bike.jpg

sma said:
how is that bike standing on its own?
Photoshop.

That is a cannondale system 6. It is now available to the public.
Front triangle is carbon married to an aluminum rear triangle. It comes with the SI carbon crank (not the one in the Liquigas pic), carbon seat post and carbon fork. What is interesting is the carbon fork which has a huge steerer diameter at the base with a non-standard bearing and tapers at the top to a standard O/S diameter.

hd reynolds said:
That is a cannondale system 6... What is interesting is the carbon fork which has a huge steerer diameter at the base with a non-standard bearing and tapers at the top to a standard O/S diameter.[/font]
The question is, does it really make a difference?

Personally, I love that bike. I loved it the second I saw it. I really liked Liquigas' bikes last year even more (Bianchi). I think the crank does look ugly, but sponsors come on top of performance many times in pro cycling (although many times performance and sponsors can be kept happy:))

sogood said:
The question is, does it really make a difference?
Looks matter aside from the specs when buying a high end frameset or bike. Personally I like the Liquigas team colored frameset than the production version. I dont think its ugly.

hd reynolds said:
Looks matter aside from the specs when buying a high end frameset or bike. Personally I like the Liquigas team colored frameset than the production version. I dont think its ugly.
what type of saddle is that? Does that say "Vittoria"?

Yes, I do love the Liquigas frame much more than the stock colors. I'd even take the looks of the Liquigas crank over the stock Cannondale carbon one.