How to make black spokes shiny silver?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rado Bladteth R, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
    forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
    spokes? Paint remover?

    Thanks, Rado

    Tags:

  2. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "Rado bladteth Rzeznicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
    > forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
    > spokes? Paint remover?
    >
    > Thanks, Rado

    I would think steel wool would be the best candidate. Paint thinner likely won't work as they're
    usually electroplated or anodized to the best of my knowledge.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Rado bladteth Rzeznicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
    > forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
    > spokes? Paint remover?
    >
    > Thanks, Rado

    The one thing I have found WD40 good for is removing tar. It does work well.. MIke

  4. Rado bladteth Rzeznicki wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
    > forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
    > spokes? Paint remover?
    >
    > Thanks, Rado
    try oven cleaner

  5. Openworld

    Openworld Guest

    Cheapest + safest method is buy new ones. The idea of removing material from your spokes is like
    drilling holes in your rim to save weight. I blame Ritchey, or go for Tie die titanium for that
    differant _yet expensive look. Just buy some nice sapim race silver spokes-cant go wrong. Okay the
    cost a bit more but worth it.