How to make black spokes shiny silver?

Rado Bladteth R

Guest
Hi,

I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
spokes? Paint remover?

Thanks, Rado

"Rado bladteth Rzeznicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
> forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
> spokes? Paint remover?
>
> Thanks, Rado

I would think steel wool would be the best candidate. Paint thinner likely won't work as they're
usually electroplated or anodized to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,

Scott..

"Rado bladteth Rzeznicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
> forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
> spokes? Paint remover?
>
> Thanks, Rado

The one thing I have found WD40 good for is removing tar. It does work well.. MIke

Rado bladteth Rzeznicki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read a few post on r.b.t. concerning black spokes and their superiority ;-) but I prefer to
> forfeit it for the love of shiny silver. What is the cheapest method to get rid of that tar on my
> spokes? Paint remover?
>
> Thanks, Rado
try oven cleaner

Cheapest + safest method is buy new ones. The idea of removing material from your spokes is like
drilling holes in your rim to save weight. I blame Ritchey, or go for Tie die titanium for that
differant _yet expensive look. Just buy some nice sapim race silver spokes-cant go wrong. Okay the
cost a bit more but worth it.