How to manually ad a training in WKO+

Oege Hiddema

Jul 29, 2009
Is it possible to manually ad a training in WKO+? How to do it? I'd like to manually ad a training in order to keep track of my TSB, ATL and CTL. I know approx. what I did in that training, where the hub batteries went empty...

Yes, open a workout for the day in question by double clicking on the date in the Calendar or if you already have an actual power workout on that day recorded but want to record a second manual workout you right click the date on the Calendar page and select 'create new workout'.

That brings up a blank journal page where you can enter notes in the description boxes. Click the small black options arrow in the upper right hand corner of the journal page and select 'add manual workout'. You'll get a dialog box where you can enter time, intensity, power, etc. It's easiest to simply enter an IF estimate for the entire ride and the time and WKO+ will fill in the power, TSS, etc. based on those two entries.

It's a good idea to use the sports pull down menu to tag this manual workout as something other than 'bike' so that you can filter it out of some of your charts. The problem is that manual workouts are stored as though each and every second of the workout was performed exactly at the average power you entered via IF. That can wreak havoc with certain charts like power distribution histograms or MMP curves because you didn't for example spend all of six hours exactly at the average wattage for a six hour ride. So tag your manual workouts as something like 'cross train' or 'swim' or something like that and then customize charts on your Athlete's Home Page where you don't want these mock workouts to show up by unchecking 'cross train', 'swim', etc. on the Sports Tab or on the filter for each individual data series. I generally show all workouts on my PMC but only 'bike' workouts on things like MMP curves, power distribution histograms, training time in level charts, etc.

-Dave