how to measure aluminium nipples?

Taka

Guest
Hello Everyone,

Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
the measurements into the spoke calculator.

Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

Thank you!
Taka

Taka wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
> Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
> the measurements into the spoke calculator.
>
> Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
> Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

Measure overall length, top to bottom, outside to outside.

12mm is the norm.

~PB

<Taka> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
> Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
> the measurements into the spoke calculator.
>
> Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
> Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?
>
> Thank you!
> Taka

Twiddle them and see the reaction?

"LSMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Twiddle them and see the reaction?

They'd get bigger... ;) Due to heat being transferred from the fingers and
generated in the twiddling motion...

Which gives rise to the question: Should you measure the nipples 'before' or
'after' ?

Rich

LSMike wrote:
> <Taka> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
>> Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
>> the measurements into the spoke calculator.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
>> Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Taka

> Twiddle them and see the reaction?

On which subject, why, when buying wheel building supplies, am I *always*
served by a woman?

Am I unusually shy if I blush when asking for them?
--
Ambrose

<Taka> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
> Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
> the measurements into the spoke calculator.
>
> Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
> Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?
>
> Thank you!
> Taka

There's definitely a Jordan & Peter Andre joke in here somewhere, I just
know it...

Cheers, helen s ;-)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:08:49 +0100, wafflycat <> wrote:

> There's definitely a Jordan & Peter Andre joke in here somewhere, I just
> know it...

I was thinking something more along the lines of robo-colyer.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

"Ian Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I was thinking something more along the lines of robo-colyer.
>
> regards, Ian SMith

Aye there's definitely something there on that theme ;-)

Cheers, helen s

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:01:36 +0100, Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

>> Twiddle them and see the reaction?

> On which subject, why, when buying wheel building supplies, am I *always*
> served by a woman?
>
> Am I unusually shy if I blush when asking for them?

Don't be so childish about it! Oh, and could you pick me up a g string for
my guitar and gender changer for my null modem cable while you are out
please? There is a piece of audio equipment called an aural exciter too.
:)

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.