How to pack BOBs for transatlantic flights

Per LöWdin

Guest
Hi

We are flying to Colorado to ride singletrack. Will carry our luggage in BOBs and camp most of the
way. Just got them and they seem to follow the bike snuggly. But how can we pack them to get them on
the plane from Europe. We will have two boxed bikes too. When we check in we will appear to have a
mountain of luggage. Grateful for any suggestions.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi
>
> We are flying to Colorado to ride singletrack. Will carry our luggage in BOBs and camp most of the
> way. Just got them and they seem to follow the bike snuggly. But how can we pack them to get them
> on the plane from Europe. We will have two boxed bikes too. When we check in we will appear to
> have a mountain of luggage. Grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

Hmmm. here's a suggestion. Take the front fork off, flip it around, and reconnect the bolt that
holds it in place. Now the front fork is inside the cargo bay of the trailer. Take off the wheel,
and tie it inside the cargo bay using a couple of zip ties. Install an old axle in the dropouts to
prevent damage. Might thing of wrapping some foam or bubble wrap around them, too. Fill the cargo
bay with some of your luggage in appropriate sized bags. Tape or tie the bags in place. Check that
in as a piece of luggage.

You might also check or post on the chat boads at the BOB site.

- rick warner