How to peel "skin" off of deli sausage ???

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by nancree, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. nancree

    nancree Guest

    I like the deli smoked sausage that comes vacu-packed. It is bent into
    a tight "U" shape, and is about 1 1/4 inch thick. I like it because it
    doesn't yield much fat when cooked, and I like the taste. However the
    "skin", while theoretically edible, is a problem. I hate having the
    skin in my mouth. I've tried skinning it off before cooking--and also
    after cooking. Invariably, I end up trying to get bits and pieces of
    the skin off the meat.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

    Nancree

    Tags:

  2. I'm glad you brought this up. I thought I was the only one who did
    things like peel sausages! I've tried many ways but try making
    lengthwise slits and peeling it like a banana. With practice you should
    become very good at complete removal. Until then do your best and try
    to pull the skin off at a smooth steady rate. It works for me! : )

  3. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I'm glad you brought this up. I thought I was the only one who did
    >things like peel sausages! I've tried many ways but try making
    >lengthwise slits and peeling it like a banana. With practice you should
    >become very good at complete removal. Until then do your best and try
    >to pull the skin off at a smooth steady rate. It works for me! : )

    What happens if you parboil it first?

    --Blair
    "Loosen up those carbon-carbon bonds."

  4. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I'm glad you brought this up. I thought I was the only one who did
    > things like peel sausages! I've tried many ways but try making
    > lengthwise slits and peeling it like a banana. With practice you

    should
    > become very good at complete removal. Until then do your best and

    try
    > to pull the skin off at a smooth steady rate. It works for me! : )

    Isn't there a device that turns wieners into an octopus, a litte body
    with 8 testicles: http://www.octodog.net

    Sheldon