How to reach this dream of yours!

thebogan

Aug 24, 2003

There are two parts to this:

1. What indoor training system would YOU love to get your hands on if indoors is the ONLY place you could train?

2. Imagine (if you need to) that you are 23 years old and a full-time student, underweight, a little unfit, and you haven't cycled since you were 12. It's your dream to win a title of some kind (ie. Tour Down Under).. how would you go about reaching that dream.​

What would you do?

thebogan said:

1. What indoor training system would YOU love to get your hands on if indoors is the ONLY place you could train?

2. Imagine (if you need to) that you are 23 years old and a full-time student, underweight, a little unfit, and you haven't cycled since you were 12. It's your dream to win a title of some kind (ie. Tour Down Under).. how would you go about reaching that dream.

What would you do?

1. Start training as soon as possible, you're running out of time...

2. Get yourself a cycling coach (e.g. www.cyclecoach.com) so that you can maximize your progress from day 1. Otherwise you would need a few years just to get to know everything you need to know about training, recovery, food, etc.

3. Set yourself some less ambitous goals in the near future and use them to adjust your long term goals and dreams accordingly.

Good luck!! I'm sure you can do it!!!

Aaberg

thebogan said:

2. Imagine (if you need to) that you are 23 years old and a full-time student, underweight, a little unfit, and you haven't cycled since you were 12. It's your dream to win a title of some kind (ie. Tour Down Under).. how would you go about reaching that dream.

What would you do?

I have just purchased a Tacx I-Magic Virtual Reality Trainer - 1900

Its fun to select your track design your own course, if you like hills then put in the slopes that you like, if you can't find the perfect surfaces then this has got to be the trainer for you. i love mine already i have racked up over 200miles on it and not once have i had to get cold and wet :D you can find them at www.wiggle.co.uk you can even purchase it on credit. Cool have it now pay when ever http://www.i-magicleague.com/ you can get training advice here when you purchase you VR trainer, Download a rider with a similar capability to use or maybe a little faster and use those to set your tempo.

Class training Aid