how to reduce sourness of my body?

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by stronglegs, Mar 20, 2005.

1. stronglegs

stronglegs New Member

I've heard of some specifics which can reduce the PH of my blood before imoprtat events do you know any specifics names etc :)

Tags:

2. in.10.city

in.10.city New Member

Are you talking about lactic acid buffers like Optygen (1st Endurance), sodium bicarbonate, and carrot juice??

3. stronglegs

stronglegs New Member

yea I think acid buffers Optygen

4. ed073

ed073 New Member

Drink less battery acid.

:D

5. OniVerde

OniVerde New Member

Hello. I am new to cycling and this forum, but I am a doctor who focuses on nutrition. To answer your question, the best way to reduce the pH of your blood is through diet. Some foods are metabolized as acidic and some basic. You would want to increase intake of basic foods. In general, fruits and vegetables are basic while meats are acidic. There are some exceptions, but it's a good rule of thumb.

To see if your body pH is acidic or basic you can do this simple test: Go to a pharmacy and buy pH test strips. They are readily available everywhere and should be easy to find. With the strips, test your FIRST morning urine. It must be first morning urine or it will not be accurate. When you contact the stripe with urine, it will change color. The strips come with a color chart, compare the color on the strip to that on that chart. It should be on the basic side. If not, change your diet. Hope that helps. :)

Also, I have a basic/acidic food chart. If you guys want it, I can email it to you all.