How to remove Rust from Chain

"Sticker Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...

Jim if you do decide to go with the Campy Record C10 Ultra
then please read this:

As described in the instruction sheet, you have to use a
high precision (0,01 mm resolution) caliper gauge to
measure, in different points of the chain, the length
between six links (as indicated in the figure on the
instruction sheet) and if even one of the measurement is
longer than 132.60 mm the chain must be replaced.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Sticker Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
>

> Jim if you do decide to go with the Campy Record C10 Ultra
> then please read this:
>
> As described in the instruction sheet, you have to use a
> high precision (0,01 mm resolution) caliper gauge to
> measure, in different points of the chain, the length
> between six links (as indicated in the figure on the
> instruction sheet) and if even one of the measurement is
> longer than 132.60 mm the chain must be replaced.

Fab is strictly high tech. I am strictly low tech. If I
were starting over again I would go out to Wal-Mart and get
their special on sale bike for $55.00 and I would be more
than happy with it. I know I could ride around the world
with it too. The question for all of us to ponder is what
is the level of happiness that corresponds with how much
money we spend.

I have always found that the best things in life are free.
In fact, if I have to pay much for anything at all, I
decline - knowing that the world is full of **** and price
is never any object for the vast majority of mankind. Fab
thinks he is happy with his high tech, expensive gear. But
if you can be happy with low tech, inexpensive gear, then
who is the wiser man? The happiness level is the same for
both. I maintain that is better to be a happy fool than a
perpetually unhappy wise man. And I know Fab is never really
happy with all his high tech, expensive gear. That is
because I know human nature!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Fab is strictly high tech. I am strictly low tech. If I
> were starting over again I would go out to Wal-Mart and
> get their special on sale bike for $55.00 and I would be
> more than happy with it. I know I could ride around the
> world with it too....

See <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
server.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-
8%26safe%3Doff%26c2coff%3D1%26q%3Dfury%2Broadmaster%26btnG%-
3DSearch%26meta%3D> for a discussion of such a bicycle
shaped object.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>

> > Fab is strictly high tech. I am strictly low tech. If I
> > were starting
over
> > again I would go out to Wal-Mart and get their special
> > on sale bike for $55.00 and I would be more than happy
> > with it. I know I could ride
around
> > the world with it too....
>
> See

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&c2coff=1&safe=off&thread m=G079c.2465%243Y1.2180%40fe09.u-
senetserver.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3De n%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-
8%26safe%3Doff%26c2coff%3D1%26q%3Dfury%2Broadmaster%26b
tnG%3DSearch%26meta%3D>
> for a discussion of such a bicycle shaped object.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Tom, you would have made an excellent reference librarian. I
was one of the worst reference librarians that ever was
because I had no desire to be helpful to anyone. As a matter
of fact, I was mostly ****** off when ever anyone would come
to me for some help. I was booted out of the reference
department when it was realized that I was not suited for
the job.You can see that on this newsgroup also where I
never have the slightest desire to help anyone with their
problems. Screw it! If they are literate there is no reason
why they can't solve their own quest for information.

Slight differences in performance of different bikes simply
doesn't interest me at all. Cycling beats walking. That is
all I know and all I need to know. Let me repeat once again
for all the dunderheads here - cycling beats walking.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> "Sticker Jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
> >
> > soaking. This has worked every time on old chains that
> > were so badly
rusted
> > that I could hold them straight out like a stick.
> >

> I sure hope you guys are just trying to be funny.
>
> Here's the difference between you and Me.
> http://tinyurl.com/2g8hx

No, actually THIS is the difference between you and me.
http://bikes.jkcc.com/trike%204%20side.jpg

See? My bike actually exists. :)

> Jim if you do decide to go with the Campy Record C10
> Ultra then please read this:
>
> As described in the instruction sheet, you have to use a
> high precision (0,01 mm resolution) caliper gauge to
> measure, in different points of the chain, the length
> between six links (as indicated in the figure on the
> instruction sheet) and if even one of the measurement is
> longer than 132.60 mm the chain must be replaced.

I don't use Campy stuff. Shimano works fine for me. For the
price of one Campy group, I could have outfitted 3 trikes.
Plus, lots of discarded bikes with lots of universal parts.
Campy is way too proprietary and not worth it for what I do
with bike parts and where I get them.