how to remove silk screen graphics on my water bottle?

Aero-X

Jan 12, 2006
I know this kinda sounds a bit ridiculous, but I really like my water bottles free of those ugly graphics. Anyone knows a safe and easy way to remove the silk screen graphics on those plastic water bottles(made by Specialized)?

Aero-X said:
I know this kinda sounds a bit ridiculous, but I really like my water bottles free of those ugly graphics. Anyone knows a safe and easy way to remove the silk screen graphics on those plastic water bottles(made by Specialized)?
Water bottles are so cheap why don't you just go get some blank ones at a dollar store!

Insight Driver said:
Water bottles are so cheap why don't you just go get some blank ones at a dollar store!
Well, the ones I got are red which matches up with my red bike nicely except those ugly neon green graphics on them. I looked at those discount sport stores for blank bottles. They're not that well made, plus I couldn't find any red ones. I just came up with this removing graphics idea when I was cleaning my bike today. :D

You could try some solvents, paint thinners, acetone, etc, but they may dissolve the bottle! :eek: