How to Ruin A Roadie (in about an hour)

It gets worse, Fabrizio...

"P.S. On the opening Friday of the show, Eddy Merckx actually touched the Windcheetah so let's have
a bit more respect in future from you Mortals!!" - from "By Fietspad To The RAI", by Mike Burrows,
BHPC Newsletter Issue 4, April 1984.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Fabrizio - Check out the June issue of "Cyclogasmic" - there is an interview with Cippolini in which
he waxes poetically about how he and Ulrich trained together last February on a pair of Optima
Barons in the Ticino region of Italy.

Regards Chris

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bc1mv4$ej2km$1@ID-
>

>>Found several between Ostend and Ghent while riding to the 2000 HPV World Championships...
>>

> OK, I'll take your word for it, but I just can't bear to think guys are riding those things on the
> sacred roads we race on in April at events like Liege- Bastogne-Liege, Ghent-Wevelgem, and the
> Fleche Wallonne.
>
> Just keep those damn things off the monuments of cycling such as the Mur de Grammont, the
> Kwaremont, and the Koppenberg.
>
> If guys like Godefroot, de Mol, de Vlaeminck, and Daems knew what you were up to they would be
> sick just like I was when I read your post this morning.

Hey John, are you familiar with the group of roadies that ride out of Lennon on Wednesday nights for
the fast 32 mile ride? Last year I couldn't keep up with them........got dropped around the 10 mile
mark every time. This year I messed with them so bad. I dropped the whole pack of fast guys 4 times.
On the last attack, I sprinted for over a mile at 31 mph and beat them back to the parking lot by 2
minutes time. They were a little surprised. Looking forward to doing it to them again this
wednesday.

news:<[email protected]>...

"ckaudio1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hey John, are you familiar with the group of roadies that ride out of Lennon on Wednesday nights
> for the fast 32 mile On the last attack, I sprinted for over a mile at 31 mph and beat them back
> to the parking lot by 2

ckaudio1, lets deal with reality, ok?

First thing, that was Monday night and they were on a disciplined recovery ride and just rolled
their eyes at you when you did the silly showboating riding off the front thing.

Second, a leadout may last for over a km, but a true sprint is done over a distance of 300
meters or less.

I was wondering how you guys can ever pull a sprint off when you're laying on your back and pedaling
with your feet above your head?

And I hate to tell you, but the 'A group' is leaving from a different location on Wednesday this
season. Guys like me from the select bunch have to change start locations five or six times a year
just to get rid of the no-hope hanger-ons from starting the ride with us, even though we soon drop
you, you seem to always show up at the post ride coffee stop.

Like I've said before, all it takes is one recreational type to ruin the whole look of the group.
That's why I like training on the Liguria coast with guys from team Domina Vacanze-Elitron.

Not that this makes you a bad person.