how to say goodbye?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by snaps10, May 3, 2006.

1. snaps10

snaps10 New Member

so, how do you say goodbye to something who has been with you through so many miles? yesterday my new shoes came in, i rode them on rollers last night and they are nice. but, what do i do with my genius 2's. they've been with me for many, many, many years, and i almost feel i owe them more respect than just to drop them in the trash. so, do i keep them, just toss them,

http://ucora.org/v-web/bulletin/bb/album_pic.php?pic_id=375
    http://ucora.org/v-web/bulletin/bb/album_pic.php?pic_id=376

course this is proof as to the quality of sidi shoes.

Tags:

2. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

They are just shoes. Maybe tear off a little piece for your scrap book. I have one tube that I sawed off from each bike that died on me. But shoes are just shoes.

Here's my Merckx- you can't have it:

3. SBSpartan

SBSpartan New Member

Ummm they are shoes. Either toss em or give them away.

4. snaps10

snaps10 New Member

alright, no-one has a very good sense of humor, although diablo did express a bit of sentiment with his tubes. theyre going to be hung in my shed/shop not as a momento or anything, just cuz, and kind of as a decoration.
    seriously thought, these have taken some abuse and i kind of hold it as a testament to the quality of good shoes.

in other words. my secretaries in hawaii all week, and im stuck alone at the office until 4 on a beautiful day when i could be riding. im bored.

diablo, are you going to ride the climb to kaiser. its a brutal ride (read triple ring highly recommended, lots of guys switch their xtr stuff to their roadies) but with amazing views.

5. artmichalek

artmichalek New Member

You could just keep them around for those rainy day rides when you don't want to get the new ones all nasty.

6. Chance3290

Chance3290 New Member

Old shoes never die, they just smell that way.

7. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

Climb to Kaiser is on my long list of rides to do. I've heard some good reports about organization and ride character - also reports on how incredibly difficult it is (a "sufferfest"). The Death Ride (also on my long list) has more prestige but organization and logistic problems are making it less attractive every year.

Are you offering me a place to overnight near Fresno?

BTW, I think I have a pair of kangaroo hide Brancale shoes with slotted cleats in my big box of bike junk... in case I ever need them.... :rolleyes:

8. poweredbysweat

poweredbysweat New Member

My wife always tells me I keep old shoes too long. Also, I pass a field of cows quite often. I pride myself on having a great MOO, but I think you're right, it just confuses them.

9. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Have em bronzed!

10. snaps10

snaps10 New Member

well, i drilled a three hole patter over the window and bolted them up. they look pretty cool.

diablo, sure, you can overnight at my house if you need. wait, i should probably talk to the mrs first. (i got in trouble last time) but i can definitely get you a place. we've been housing riders since i was a little lad. the support on the climb is phenominal. ive never done the entire thing during the ride, but have done up to huntington lake and it is an awesome ride.

your brancale's would go perfect with my merckx. (fully restored, nos, pano'd super record) with original merckx cloth feedbag, insulated bottle, and leather strap helmet.

and my feet dont stink. (that bad:D )