How to shrink a jersey?

cycledogg

Guest
Hi all,
I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
jersey.
Cheers,
Rick in Tennesseee

On Aug 27, 2:49 pm, cycledogg <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> jersey.

I'd call Rick Moranis for advice.

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Aug 27, 2:49 pm, cycledogg <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
>> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
>> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
>> jersey.

> I'd call Rick Moranis for advice.

Or Jason Alexander,
think he tell you a thing or two about shrinkage.
-tom

"cycledogg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> jersey.
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennesseee

Eat donuts?

BobT

cycledogg wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> jersey.
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennesseee

Send it to Jerry Seinfeld's dry cleaner.

On Aug 27, 3:38 pm, "BobT" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> "cycledogg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Hi all,
> > I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> > big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> > putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> > jersey.
> > Cheers,
> > Rick in Tennesseee

> Eat donuts?

D'oh! :-D

"cycledogg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> jersey.
> Cheers,
> Rick in Tennesseee

Take them to a tailor. I had an XL cycling jacket that was cut for a fatty
master with a real gut problem. The tailor took it in and it's great.
Shouldn't cost too much.

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:49:49 -0700, cycledogg <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
>big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
>putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
>jersey.
>Cheers,
>Rick in Tennesseee

Natural fibers will shrink: cotton, wool, linen, silk. Wash and dry in
a dryer. Synthetic fibers don't shrink nearly as well, if at all.

cycledogg said:
Hi all,
I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
jersey.
Cheers,
Rick in Tennesseee

eat more

cycledogg wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> jersey.

An alterations shop may be a better option.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cycledogg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I got two new jerseys' as a gift but they are both about one size too
> > big. Is there a way to shrink them by washing them on hot water and
> > putting them in the dryer would work? I know this will work with wool
> > jersey.

> An alterations shop may be a better option.
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> www.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971