How to tell if frame is bent?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris Hansen, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Chris Hansen

    Chris Hansen Guest

    Hello,

    How can I tell if my frame is bent? It's kind of tricky lining up the rear wheel. Is it hard to fix?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    1 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800,
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Chris Hansen) wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >How can I tell if my frame is bent? It's kind of tricky lining up the rear wheel. Is it
    >hard to fix?

    Ride it no hands. If it pulls to one side or the other, rule out all the other possibilities. It may
    require special tools.

    Barnett's lawyers have been getting snotty about copyright.

    http://www.bcltechnologies.com/document/products/magellan/samples/sample.pdf

    This is Barnett's Manual Chapter 08 - Frame Alignment.
    --
    zk

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 1 Feb 2004 18:56:28 -0800, [email protected] (Chris Hansen)
    wrote:

    >How can I tell if my frame is bent?

    It looks like this:
    <url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Bike_Optima_Stinger>