How to train/detrain for WEEKLY races?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
Hi.
We have our club road season starting in early April and I will be racing every Saturday(all going well) until the end of October(the winter road season here in NZ).
I've got(and it'll get better) a good base mileage.
I'm wondering how to build up / detrain(?) for races as they're so close together.
Most races are 60kms to 80kms.

I did the season last year but it was the first with the club and the first full season for a number of years and I didn't know the courses etc to more a fact finding mission.

This year I'd like to give it a better go.

Any help would be appreciated:)
Paul

Bigbananabike said:
Hi.
We have our club road season starting in early April and I will be racing every Saturday(all going well) until the end of October(the winter road season here in NZ).
I've got(and it'll get better) a good base mileage.
I'm wondering how to build up / detrain(?) for races as they're so close together.
Most races are 60kms to 80kms.

I did the season last year but it was the first with the club and the first full season for a number of years and I didn't know the courses etc to more a fact finding mission.

This year I'd like to give it a better go.

Any help would be appreciated:)
Paul
I race weekly also, I usually have a long slow recovery ride on the sunday after racing, short hard solo rides early in the week, a long hard ride in the middle then short sharp towards the end. I make sure I am fresh on Friday and eat well friday night.