How to turn my canyon aeroad into a tt bike?

frantona

Oct 4, 2016
Hi! Recently this year I bough a new Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 7.0 Di2 (awsome bike btw) mainly for road cylcing and ITU triathlons. Now Im about to do an Ironman 70.3 and Im woindering wich is the best way to turn my bike into a TT bike for the aero benefit. Currently my bike has the CANYON H11 handlebar, wich makes it impossible to attach generic aerobars to it, therefore Im thinking my only way is to buy a TT handlebar set...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Not much to say except...nice bike!

Probably going to have buy a dedicated bar setup, brake levers and shifters for the Di2 and maybe a wiring harness for them.

If you are really going for a flat aero position on the bike you might need a zero setback seat post or negative setback. I have no idea what your Canyon options are as far as seatposts go and what position you'll be dialing in.

Then there's the tri / TT seat option with a little nose down to stay comfy under all that aero power you'll be putting out.

The finishing details can probably wait for the budget to catch up or maybe you want to get right at it an buy a bottle rig, hydration straws, aero top tube box, Garmin mount, yada yada, etc.

I have Cosmic Pro envy! Those wheels should be decent enough to run a fast time. I'm in love with them.

Not much to say except...nice bike!

Probably going to have buy a dedicated bar setup, brake levers and shifters for the Di2 and maybe a wiring harness for them.

If you are really going for a flat aero position on the bike you might need a zero setback seat post or negative setback. I have no idea what your Canyon options are as far as seatposts go and what position you'll be dialing in.

Then there's the tri / TT seat option with a little nose down to stay comfy under all that aero power you'll be putting out.

The finishing details can probably wait for the budget to catch up or maybe you want to get right at it an buy a bottle rig, hydration straws, aero top tube box, Garmin mount, yada yada, etc.

I have Cosmic Pro envy! Those wheels should be decent enough to run a fast time. I'm in love with them.

Thanks! for your reply!! Any bar setup that you recomend??

Thanks!

You might want to email Canyon for recommendations. Maybe the Canyon base bar from the Speedmax can be adapted to the Aeroad? It never hurts to ask the factory for their recommendations.

Other than the structural limitations, if any, bar choice for TT position is a very subjective and personal choice. Arm bend, wrist position, elbow height and width...straight extensions vs. curved or bent ones...all that is user dependent.

Last edited: