How to use CycleOps Fluid Trainer?

orive002

Nov 15, 2007
OK so i just purchased the cycleops fuild trainer. The store clerk set it up for me but now I'm at home and extremely confused.

Pretty much with just one part. The video and instructions say i need to you the skewer that was provided http://www.saris.com/productVideos.aspx?PID=309.
First off what is the skewer? I think I know what it is but how do you change the one on my original bike with the one provided?

I'm just confused, any help would be appreciated.

orive002 said:
OK so i just purchased the cycleops fuild trainer. The store clerk set it up for me but now I'm at home and extremely confused.

Pretty much with just one part. The video and instructions say i need to you the skewer that was provided http://www.saris.com/productVideos.aspx?PID=309.
First off what is the skewer? I think I know what it is but how do you change the one on my original bike with the one provided?

I'm just confused, any help would be appreciated.
Now I'm trying to replace the skewer with the one from the trainer and when I do it the wheel is extremely tight and hardly turning, Is it because one side of the skewer is too tight?

orive002 said:
Now I'm trying to replace the skewer with the one from the trainer and when I do it the wheel is extremely tight and hardly turning, Is it because one side of the skewer is too tight?
you probably havent got the wheel in the dropouts evenly and it's rubbing on one of the brake pads. HTH

SEGFTG said:
you probably havent got the wheel in the dropouts evenly and it's rubbing on one of the brake pads. HTH
its definitely rubbing against one of the brake pads but how do i get into the dropouts properly then?

orive002 said:
its definitely rubbing against one of the brake pads but how do i get into the dropouts properly then?
its in the dropouts properly when its not rubbing on a brake pad - just check the clearance is even both sides before tightening the quick release

Right now the the skewer isn't even tight and when i roll the wheel it still rubs the brake pads... it looks as if its in the drop outs properly but still rubbing.

orive002 said:
Right now the the skewer isn't even tight and when i roll the wheel it still rubs the brake pads... it looks as if its in the drop outs properly but still rubbing.
:( without wanting to totally spell it out for you... you will have to use your hands and eyes to put the wheel into place - dont just shove it in the dropouts - make sure it is aligned evenly, then tighten the quick release.