Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

how to use electronic tire gauge

Started by linybob · · Last activity · 2 posts · 718 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2004
Last activity
3 June 2004
Original author
linybob
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
718
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Normally I inflate my tires with a nice floor pump that has the pressure indicated on it. I pump up the tires until the needle is at the desired pressure. Very easy.

    Recently I was given a CO2 inflator and an electronic tire gauge for my birthday. Innovations Ultraflate Pro. I didn't try out the CO2 inflator yet, but I did try to use the gauge. On a Schrader valve it works just fine - just like the pencil type I have in my car. But when I use it on a Presta valve, I can not seem to get it on the valve properly and all it does is hiss and wind up letting all the air out of the tire! So I pump the tire back up with the floor pump and try again. And the same thing happens again. Well at least my upper arms are getting a good workout.

    This should not be at all hard to do - to take a pressure reading off a Presta valve. Are there any tricks I need to know or what? I guess I don't need the gauge really, but it would be nice if I could get it to work before all the air is out of the tire.

    Any advice?

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by linybob
    Normally I inflate my tires with a nice floor pump that has the pressure indicated on it. I pump up the tires until the needle is at the desired pressure. Very easy.

    Recently I was given a CO2 inflator and an electronic tire gauge for my birthday. Innovations Ultraflate Pro. I didn't try out the CO2 inflator yet, but I did try to use the gauge. On a Schrader valve it works just fine - just like the pencil type I have in my car. But when I use it on a Presta valve, I can not seem to get it on the valve properly and all it does is hiss and wind up letting all the air out of the tire! So I pump the tire back up with the floor pump and try again. And the same thing happens again. Well at least my upper arms are getting a good workout.

    This should not be at all hard to do - to take a pressure reading off a Presta valve. Are there any tricks I need to know or what? I guess I don't need the gauge really, but it would be nice if I could get it to work before all the air is out of the tire.

    Any advice?

    Try a Presta to Schrader adapter...
    Innovations Ultraflate Pro... the CO2 inflator works both valve types and either threaded or threadless CO2 cartridges.
    I don't know what Digital gauge you received, but I don't think it is Innovations Ultraflate Pro.... unless they have changed the product and packaging since I bought mine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.