how to use HRM

stevechow

Mar 11, 2006
i have recently purchased a HRM. i only use the MAX and AVG heart rate. i still don know how the MAX% heart rate calculated. i would like to know how to use the information for better training. it only shows me DURATION, CALORIES and HEART RATE MAX, AVG. it is a chest strapped with a wrist watch. i can also see summary of my training. there are zones also but i don know what it means.

Cao,
Happy

stevechow said:
I have recently purchased a HRM. i only use the MAX and AVG heart rate. I still don't know how the MAX% heart rate calculated. I would like to know how to use the information for better training. It only shows me DURATION, CALORIES and HEART RATE MAX, AVG. It is a chest strapped with a wrist watch. I can also see summary of my training. There are zones also but I don't know what it means.
Cao,
Happy

Here's an article on heart rate from Wikipedia that explains the basics quite well, and gets into some advanced stuff too.
Heart rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That should help you understand the terms, and make use of the information from your HRM.

Enjoy!

HRM is an academic theory and a business planning that is connected with the theoretical and practical techniques of managing a staff member.The aims of HRM is to help an organization or Institution to meet strategic moto by attracting,and maintaining member and also to manage them effectively.You have shown new HRM.

Heart rate monitors can measure your cardiovascular and physiological stress during training sessions.
Heart rates are measured in beats per minute (bpm). Your resting heart rate indicates your basic fitness level and is defined by the number of times your heart beats per minute while your body is at rest.
our average heart rate is the number of times it beats in a certain period, like over the course of a workout. Your maximum heart rate (Max HR) is the highest number of times your heart can contract in one minute. Max HR is the most useful tool to be used in determining training intensities, because it can be individually measured and predicted. Unfortunately, the only way to get a true accurate reading is to have an exercise test clinically administered. Without this option, you are forced to use a ballpark figure, which can be calculated using this formula:
Women: 226 - your age = your age-adjusted Max HR
Men: 220 - your age = your age-adjusted Max HR