How to wax your chain?

In article
<[email protected]>,
Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> >In article
> ><[email protected]>,
> > Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I did.

> >Humor me. How is it that wax under pressure is grease?

> You weren't listening, or are pretending you're
> too dumb to remember.
>
> Wax is always grease.

Where is the chemistry to support this. I know that the
two are composed of different chemical species.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>In article
><[email protected]>,
> Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >In article
>> ><[email protected]>,

>> >Humor me. How is it that wax under pressure is grease?

>> You weren't listening, or are pretending you're
>> too dumb to remember.
>>
>> Wax is always grease.

>Where is the chemistry to support this. I know that the
>two are composed of different chemical species.

I know that wax itself comprises more than one chemical
species. As does grease. Maybe your definition is too
narrow. Or your experience.

--Blair

In article
<[email protected]>,
Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> >In article
> ><[email protected]>,
> > Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> You weren't listening, or are pretending you're
> >> too dumb to remember.
> >>
> >> Wax is always grease.

> >Where is the chemistry to support this. I know that the
> >two are composed of different chemical species.

> I know that wax itself comprises more than one chemical
> species. As does grease. Maybe your definition is too
> narrow. Or your experience.

Grease is a formulation of soap and oil.
Wax is comprised of neither soap nor oil.

--
Michael Press