How 'untrained' am i?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Jon89, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

Gotta train to get good times if you're going for it. Either cases, it's always great to be back on the bike with those numbers.

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

5.22 w/kg - you should be a Cat 1 rider, right?

3. Weatherby

Weatherby Well-Known Member

I want those numbers.

5W/Kg would be paradise for me.

4. longlivetarmac

longlivetarmac New Member

What type of power meter are you using? Are you adding zeroes to the average?

5. djcycling

djcycling New Member

Thanks for those stats. Its been a little while since you posted those, so I would like to know where you are today?

6. guitarmom1279

guitarmom1279 New Member

I can say I am out of shape when it comes to being trained. Due to health issues I have gained weight and have totally lost my figure. I am currently looking for a great plan for a Diabetic with MS. I know I am limited to certain ones but am hoping to gain some advice on how I can succeed.

7. Summertime33

Summertime33 New Member

Exceptional numbers, and you're only 24 - well 27 now I guess. I wonder if OP has kept at it and is now an accomplished professional? :D

8. Angela987

Angela987 New Member

It may feel very difficult but you need to train every day and you will get into routine again. If I have a few days off feel like a cow after especially if I eat a lot and don't train

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It is all relative, and the more that you work out you start to realize that and accept it, at least that has been my experience. There is always someone who is more trained and so if you are basing your answer off of that then you will never be satisfied, but if you go off of your own history and your own expectations then you are much better off.

10. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

You are doing pretty good. Keep up the great work and you will see some improvements and become even better!

11. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I think only you can know that answer. It's more of... confidence rather than just pure training. If you're confident you can finish the mile, then you can do it. If you have given up before the race even starts, then why bother, am I right? It's all about believing in yourself, believing in your training, and you'll be fine. Do your best, make sure not to rush, keep your breathing regular, and I hope you finish. Good luck!