how was your weather?

Tim McNamara wrote:
> Riding up that would be fine. I'd hate to drive a car up it!

I see buses in the photo.

Art Harris

Tim McNamara wrote
> I have read repeatedly how the Alps are warming dramatically
> and how snowpack and glaciers are melting very fast.

Try comparing the glacier in this photo
http://www.trentobike.org/Countries/Europe/Tour_Reports/Tour_of_the_Alps/Gallery/glacier.jpg
whose thumbnail is given for Col Ferret near Monte Bianco on the Tour of the
Alps gallery page at
http://tinyurl.com/dr4ot

with the same glacier in the first photo on this page
http://roberts-1.com/t/b06/mb
taken two weeks ago when I got (thankfully) inspired by one of Jobst
Brandt's reports to try getting my bike over a high pass without benefit of
asphalt. I'm guessing that I spent a higher percentage of my time pushing
and carrying my bike than he did.

Ken