How!? Why!?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tom Crispin, May 9, 2008.

  1. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    A press officer from Transport for London visited my school yesterday
    to interview a group of children and to take some photos in advance of
    a press release on 22 May. This may indicate that I have won the
    Transport for London "Creative Solutions" award for my project to get
    children to ride their bikes to their swimming lessons.
    www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/microsites/cyclingawards/2008/

    She managed to get this rare shot of a tumble. (The boy was unhurt
    other than a scrape on the knee).
    www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/tumble
    Notice how his head is well above the tarmac.

    To prove he was unhurt, here they are a few seconds later...
    www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/tumble2

    The cause of the tumble? He was trying to get ahead of the boy in
    front of him and they collided.

    Tags:

  2. Steve C

    Steve C Guest

    On 10 May, 07:35, Tom Crispin <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > The cause of the tumble? He was trying to get ahead of the boy in
    > front of him and they collided.

    Potential Tour rider?

  3. Paul Boyd

    Paul Boyd Guest

    On 10/05/2008 07:35, Tom Crispin said,

    > She managed to get this rare shot of a tumble. (The boy was unhurt
    > other than a scrape on the knee).
    > www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/tumble
    > Notice how his head is well above the tarmac.
    >
    > To prove he was unhurt, here they are a few seconds later...
    > www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/tumble2
    >
    > The cause of the tumble? He was trying to get ahead of the boy in
    > front of him and they collided.

    That's what kids do!! They fall off, bounce and learn from it. Next
    time he'll make sure he isn't the one that falls off :)

    Just as well he was wearing a..... no, I won't even go there ;-)

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/