How Would You Describe "Cycling Culture"?

I think 'cycling culture' was more pronounced during the '80s & '90s. Mainly because it was something that wasn't so mainstream and cyclists tended to stand out. Nowadays, far more folks are riding on a casual basis. This has sort of diluted cycling as this distinct pastime or sport. I think people who are involved in longboarding, skateboarding or parkour enjoy that cultural prominence more than cyclists.

I've had the best experiences and interactions with other cyclists out in the country as I say but in the city the mindset or culture just seems to be very different. It might seem strange but it's quite fascinating how when greeting a fellow cyclist out in the country I've had a cheery response, while doing the same in the city the most I received was something which sounded like a grunt.

I don't think that's something unique to biking though. If you live in a small village in the country the sense if community spirit is a lot stronger than in the city so I guess that just manifests itself in biking culture also.

I don't think that's something unique to biking though. If you live in a small village in the country the sense if community spirit is a lot stronger than in the city so I guess that just manifests itself in biking culture also.

Yeah I guess you could be right.

It's pretty interesting though the change from greetings in the towns/cities compared to out in the countryside.

I tend to disagree, because cycling culture is not just a sport or leisure for poeple looking for interest, in Europe it has been a standard common practice - both popular sport and commuting - for many decades, and still is. This is the unique cycling culture which has no competition from any other kind of sport - an integral, interdisciplinary practice, with many different aspects.
For example, my favorite training course leads me along the Lebanese border, in remote hills with bushes and wildlife, where I enjoy the scene and occasional wild bores, jackals and foxes [and no cars...], use the hills to train hard, and end up... in the office at work. No longboard can take me to work or to enjoy that scene.
תמונה0207.jpg