How you like Them Apples?

Davey Crockett schreef:
> Bettini!!

Good. The right winner, sportive and politically, after an exciting race.

Too bad that Boogie couldn't close the gap with his ultimate effort, but
6th or 12th, I don't think he'll lose sleep over it.

--
E. Dronkert

Bettini is really great!

O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[email protected]...
> Davey Crockett schreef:
>> Bettini!!

> Good. The right winner, sportive and politically, after an exciting race.
>
> Too bad that Boogie couldn't close the gap with his ultimate effort, but
> 6th or 12th, I don't think he'll lose sleep over it.
>

> --
> E. Dronkert

Bellissima! Stupenda! As a sort of "adopted" Italian (my wife is
Italian, and I have lived there on and off for a while) I've never
been happier to hear their national anthem, and it was great to watch
Bettini afterwards. Definitely in the list of "most deserved
victories".

Alex Beascoechea schreef:
> O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
> Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
> not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

I think they were spent. Kroon was hanging back already after some great
showing a few laps before. It was said he had stomach troubles the last
few days. Dekker, well he has his moments but I don't believe he can be
an explosive classics rider. I also think 250+ km might be pushing it
for him, at his age. [Wishful thinking:] Too bad Langeveld and Ten Dam
had to work in 2 chases earlier and that Gesink was in all sorts of
breaks. They might have been up there as well.

Ah yes, Kroon just on tv, very disappointed, almost in tears. He
focussed on this race for the past 2 years and he was super, had great
legs, didn't feel them but he missed some energy in the final after a
few days of being sick.

--
E. Dronkert

On Sep 30, 10:16 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bettini!!
> --
> Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/47281/

With the right apples, somewhat **** but a sweet finish, and better
than stewed crow any day. Even PMcQ seems to agree:

(yahoo sports)

<UCI president Pat McQuaid started the week firmly reprimanding
Bettini for his refusal to sign [doping loyalty oath] but on Sunday he
had warm praise for the Italian's achievement.

"There's a famous saying from Italy: Veni, vidi, vici and Paolo
Bettini came, saw and conquered," McQuaid told reporters.

"A rider who can win a race under the pressure he's been under is a
classic, special rider. I've nothing but the highest praise for him.
He won a classic race today, with the best five riders of the race at
the front, and he came through and won.

"We can only give him all the praise and support he needs." >

Yum yum, is there more?

--D-y

On Sep 30, 9:23 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 10:16 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Bettini!!
> > --
> > Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

> http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/47281/
>
> With the right apples, somewhat **** but a sweet finish, and better
> than stewed crow any day. Even PMcQ seems to agree:
>
> (yahoo sports)
>
> <UCI president Pat McQuaid started the week firmly reprimanding
> Bettini for his refusal to sign [doping loyalty oath] but on Sunday he
> had warm praise for the Italian's achievement.
>
> "There's a famous saying from Italy: Veni, vidi, vici and Paolo
> Bettini came, saw and conquered," McQuaid told reporters.
>
> "A rider who can win a race under the pressure he's been under is a
> classic, special rider. I've nothing but the highest praise for him.
> He won a classic race today, with the best five riders of the race at
> the front, and he came through and won.
>
> "We can only give him all the praise and support he needs." >
>
> Yum yum, is there more?
>
> --D-y

Well that's better from McQuaid. I found his anger at Bettini very
inappropriate as he should show the current world champion some
respect regarding his personal choices, even if he disagrees with
them. Even worse, his behavior might have encouraged the later actions
of the German authorities trying to ban him from the race.

-ilan

On Sep 30, 3:23 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 10:16 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Bettini!!
> > --
> > Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

> http://www.recipeland.com/recipe/47281/
>
> With the right apples, somewhat **** but a sweet finish, and better
> than stewed crow any day. Even PMcQ seems to agree:
>
> (yahoo sports)
>
> <UCI president Pat McQuaid started the week firmly reprimanding
> Bettini for his refusal to sign [doping loyalty oath] but on Sunday he
> had warm praise for the Italian's achievement.
>
> "There's a famous saying from Italy: Veni, vidi, vici and Paolo
> Bettini came, saw and conquered," McQuaid told reporters.
>
> "A rider who can win a race under the pressure he's been under is a
> classic, special rider. I've nothing but the highest praise for him.
> He won a classic race today, with the best five riders of the race at
> the front, and he came through and won.
>
> "We can only give him all the praise and support he needs." >
>
> Yum yum, is there more?
>
> --D-y

FANTASTIC! Bettini makes some justice for himself, and McBoggie proves
what a sleazebag hypoicrite he is. I'd love to think that this might
inspire the rest of the riders to stand up for themselves. Not goonna
happen though.
You can count me a member of the Bettini fan club after all this BS.
Best revenge he could have had that didn't involve stakes and
bonfires.
Bill C

On Sep 30, 10:15 am, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Alex Beascoechea schreef:
>
> > O.K. So the spanish team screwded up. But can anybody explain what the 3
> > Dutchmen in the final group were thinking about? It seems that Boogerd could
> > not get the other two to move their asses to help him.

> I think they were spent. Kroon was hanging back already after some great
> showing a few laps before. It was said he had stomach troubles the last
> few days. Dekker, well he has his moments but I don't believe he can be
> an explosive classics rider. I also think 250+ km might be pushing it
> for him, at his age. [Wishful thinking:] Too bad Langeveld and Ten Dam
> had to work in 2 chases earlier and that Gesink was in all sorts of
> breaks. They might have been up there as well.
>
> Ah yes, Kroon just on tv, very disappointed, almost in tears.

This was on TV!! C'mon, I looked..all I found was bullriding and a
variety of gigantic uniformed guys slamming into one another,
seemingly arguing over this oval looking, pointy ball.....

But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
like baseball..........)

On Sep 30, 6:42 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
> like baseball..........)

Sorry Pete
Hope you enjoy it, while it lasts. The Red Sox are going to take out
the Angels, while Cleveland sends the Skankees home. Then we beat we
Cleveland on the way to another World Series win.!!
Bill C

On Sep 30, 5:36 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Since you think McQuaid is such a hypocrite what you would do as the
> head of cycling ?

Well... not this BS for sure. Improve test methods... or forget about
it. Somebody says that somebody gave them testosterone?! WTF! If they
pass testing then they are defacto "clean". Nothing else should be
allowed to matter.

Yes I know this will not eliminate doping... but neither will anything
else.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> Too bad that Boogie couldn't close the gap with his ultimate effort, but
> 6th or 12th, I don't think he'll lose sleep over it.

This statement is almost timeless.

On Sep 30, 4:31 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 6:42 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
> > like baseball..........)

> Sorry Pete
> Hope you enjoy it, while it lasts. The Red Sox are going to take out
> the Angels, while Cleveland sends the Skankees home. Then we beat we
> Cleveland on the way to another World Series win.!!
> Bill C

Even tho I live in a National league town(Rockies), I do love American
league baseball...Boston, Yankees, WhiteSox always make it
interesting...with the tribe in the mix!

On Oct 1, 3:17 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Even tho I live in a National league town(Rockies), I do love American
> league baseball...Boston, Yankees, WhiteSox always make it
> interesting...with the tribe in the mix!

In particular, I like it when Cleveland is good. Let's face it, their
fans have stayed with them through generations of terrible management
and decisions. Once upon a time I was a Dallas Cowboys fan because of
how they did things as a team. That lasted right up until Tom Landry
had to find out from a reporter that he'd been fired. I stuck with the
Patriots in the AFC through all the garbage when they were a joke for
30 years or so. My favorite Sox teams are still some combination of
the 70s teams who got crushed by the Reds and Yankees. I gave up on
the Celtics because I don't like how the game is being played in the
NBA today. The Showtime Lakers vs. the Bird Celtics were the top of
how I think the game should be played. No look passes, great defense,
massive versatility on both teams. No selfishness, just great
teamwork. That was good stuff.
Here in NE we're in heaven now. The new ownerships of the Sox,
Patriots, and Celtics are fantastic. They're putting up their own
money for stadium/building stuff, really trying to please the fans,
other than ticket cost, and doing what it takes to win games and bring
in good people too.
For those of us who are NOT part of "Red Sox Nation" just real fans
that **** gets old quick, and I was convinced they were going to choke
it away including the wild card for the last few weeks.
Papelbon is a harmless idiot, but he can sure pitch. We've got a few
others, but then we've got guys like Mike Lowell, Varitek, Wakefield,
etc...who are just rock steady, good people.
I'm betting they don't bring Lowell back because they want to sign A-
rod, both parts of that reek IMO. I don't want A-rod, no matter what,
and I love Lowell.
It's been a hell of a fun year. I just hope it goes a while longer
but I'm not real confident.
Best
Bill C

>> > But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
>> > like baseball..........)

>> Sorry Pete
>> Hope you enjoy it, while it lasts. The Red Sox are going to take out
>> the Angels, while Cleveland sends the Skankees home. Then we beat we
>> Cleveland on the way to another World Series win.!!
>> Bill C

> Even tho I live in a National league town(Rockies), I do love American
> league baseball...Boston, Yankees, WhiteSox always make it
> interesting...with the tribe in the mix!

American League fan? I hope you like Barry Bonds then, 'cuz it's almost
certain that's where he's going to end up.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

On Oct 1, 1:17 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 4:31 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 30, 6:42 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"

> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > But Cleveland are in the playoffs(allright, allright, I admit it, I
> > > like baseball..........)

> > Sorry Pete
> > Hope you enjoy it, while it lasts. The Red Sox are going to take out
> > the Angels, while Cleveland sends the Skankees home. Then we beat we
> > Cleveland on the way to another World Series win.!!
> > Bill C

> Even tho I live in a National league town(Rockies), I do love American
> league baseball...Boston, Yankees, WhiteSox always make it
> interesting...with the tribe in the mix!

What a time to be turning your back on the Rockies. I'm a Red Sox fan
too, but The Rockies have my attention right now.

So tonight, Matt Holliday, score the winning run to send the Rockies
to the playoffs, wins the batting title, wins the RBI title, and
probably sews up the MVP. How much does it suck to be him right now? I
hope he's not hurt too badly.

Bret

In article
<[email protected]>
,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> I gave up on
> the Celtics because I don't like how the game is being played in the
> NBA today. The Showtime Lakers vs. the Bird Celtics were the top of
> how I think the game should be played. No look passes, great defense,
> massive versatility on both teams. No selfishness, just great
> teamwork. That was good stuff.

This is how I feel about it. You can include the
1989-1990 Detroit Pistons. Bill Lambeer was so funny;
choirboy face, brutal defense, and an ouside shot(!).
David Stern wanted it this way, and it pays. Business
decision. Aesthetics? No, that is not an NBA franchise.

--
Michael Press

On Sep 30, 10:10 pm, Ron Ruff <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well... not this BS for sure. Improve test methods... or forget about
> it. Somebody says that somebody gave them testosterone?! WTF!

I don't disagree, but some people here think that aubut should be
punished or banned from the sport for hitting jeanson. if her
statement merits further inquiry then so does sinkewitz's claim.

i'm just pointing out the double standard. athletes command a lot more
sympathy than non-athletes (dope hunters, coaches, docs).

> If they
> pass testing then they are defacto "clean". Nothing else should be
> allowed to matter.

ideally, but within the top tier of riders in-competition tests will
only catch reckless or desperate dopers.

ramping up the out-of-competion tests was a smart move and it catches
dopers before they win something big and you have the PR fiasco of
having to re-adjust the results.

but what about the riders implicated in festina, puerto, oil for
drugs, millar, etc. that have never tested positive ?

ullrich had the bizarre misfortune of being investigated by the german
cops, the rest (basso, scarponi, millar etc.) were only punished
because they admitted to some involvement (though basso didn't even
admit to doping).