Howay, we'll aal be Geordies soon, like

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Tags:

  2. >Best larn yesel Geordie, I reckon :)

    Whey bonnie laad, the sooth's been sinkin since the end of the laast ice age like. Nowt new there,
    like. An as for the drift, wi' aah get yor drift like.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. M Series

    M Series Guest

    They're half savage up there mate

    > Specially for Helen PSF.
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/2956026.stm
    >

    > Best larn yesel Geordie, I reckon :)
    >
    > --
    > Guy
    > ===
    > I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
    > about it perhaps you could think when we talk
    of
    > bicycles, that you see them printing their proud wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.
    >
    > http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

  4. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

  5. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:22:13 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Best larn yesel Geordie, I reckon :)

    Translation please, Guy ;-)

    In <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/2956026.stm> it states: "The GPS measurements
    have shown the land in Scotland is rising by about one or two millimetres a year, while the land in
    England's south is slowly "sinking"."

    This probably explains why I always feel as if I'm cycling uphill. Could be the fags, OTOH.

    James

  6. In message <[email protected]>, James Hodson
    <[email protected]> writes
    >On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:22:13 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Best larn yesel Geordie, I reckon :)
    >>

    >Translation please, Guy ;-)
    >
    >In <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/2956026.stm> it states: "The GPS
    >measurements have shown the land in Scotland is rising by about one or two millimetres a year,
    >while the land in England's south is slowly "sinking"."
    >
    >This probably explains why I always feel as if I'm cycling uphill. Could be the fags, OTOH.
    >
    >James
    >
    >--
    >http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg

    Those 'foot' pictures on your site are pretty gruesome. What's the story?
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  7. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Graeme Dods) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Just further proof that Scotland is on a higher plane than those lowly southerners (and getting
    > higher by the day). Geordieland is in the middle, playing it's pivotal role in national events as
    > usual;-)

    If the North is rising and the South sinking, how long will it be before JOGLE becomes faster
    than LEJOG?

    --
    Dave...

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:14:33 +0100, Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg
    >
    >Those 'foot' pictures on your site are pretty gruesome. What's the story?

    Howdy Michael

    I fly kites, specifically two-lines stunt or trick kites. As well as reading this highly-regarded
    cycling NG I also read all the stuff in the NG rec.kites

    Well over a year ago a rec.kites participent who was more into power kites and buggying fell out of
    his parakart when going at some ridiculous speed and "damaged" his foot. The results can be seen in
    my small collection of pics.

    However, I may have the wrong bloke as there was another kiter who was also injured at around the
    same time. This one was plucked up by a big gust of wind and fell to Earth from 20 or 30 feet and
    bust his foot.

    Me, being more into brains rather than brawn, have stuck to lightish wind trick flying.

    James