Howd i get the dam thing off?!?!

listen you dappy cow..

if you actualy read my post you would have seen ive been to my LBS and bought a extractor and it wont fit because the thread is too buckled.

complience said:
listen you dappy cow..

if you actualy read my post you would have seen ive been to my LBS and bought a extractor and it wont fit because the thread is too buckled.
Sorry, my apologies. However, if YOU actually read the Park Tools page on removing the crank, YOU would have seen, under "Crank Removal (square spindle type)," Step E, a link to Crank Removal with Damaged Threads.

complience said:
okay .. ive got my nackered old mountain bike. (dimondback)

and i want to take of the pedal arm (not sure of the propername) anyway the metal arm that links the pedals to the frame and chain ring.

the dam thing is suck fast.. Ive taken off the bolt in the middle with an alan key.

and sprayed it with WD40 to loosen it.

but neither of them will move left or right.

any tools, tips or techniques i should try?
First, take a troll, then hit the cranks with the troll. If this does not work, hit the troll with the cranks

whahahahahahah

Success!!!

the old Hammer and chissle did it in the end.. popped out nice and easy.

anyway..

the brackets (dont know proper name think its called a spindle) that the cranks click into, seems to be buckled.. they dont go around a neet circle.. a kind of wobley one up and down.. side to side.

Im guessing im going to have to change it.. is that possible? it appears to be mounted within the frame? how do i get to it?

thanks for your help so far

complience said:
Success!!!

the old Hammer and chissle did it in the end.. popped out nice and easy.

anyway..

the brackets (dont know proper name think its called a spindle) that the cranks click into, seems to be buckled.. they dont go around a neet circle.. a kind of wobley one up and down.. side to side.

Im guessing im going to have to change it.. is that possible? it appears to be mounted within the frame? how do i get to it?

thanks for your help so far

It is possible, go to http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQindex.shtml#bottom bracket
if this is not helpful, try the old hammer and chissel method.:rolleyes:

complience said:
had a look already dont mention spindle removal.

OK.
To remove only the spindle is impossible. You will have to get a new BB.

LOL!!! x 42

This is one of the FUNNIEST posts I've read for a while.

We've got bashing bits repeatedly with hammers, jamming screwdrivers in, playing with doo dars, avoiding "greesy haired nob jockeys", insulting dappy cows and of course, trolls!!!

Gawd, I'd love to look at the bike now!

:)

complience said:
nick is this one of youre confusing riddles again?

think i need one of these doodars

http://www.parktool.com/tools/BBT_2BIG.shtml

though my spindle is square tappered.

Remove the seat and seat post. Insert new bike underneath. ;)

Read Park Tool and Sheldon Brown's website for removal tools and technique. There are 2 major threadings and a few more differences in bottom bracket/crank hub bearings. Since only few of us are ideally clairavoyant, we don't know what you have.