Howdy

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by madskier, Mar 25, 2003.

1. madskier

madskier New Member

I have just bought a new road bike (giant OCR3) and I am looking for a few training rides...

i used to ride black rock and back in about 2 hours (no massive head wind) on my MTB...

I think i might be a little too slow for my hubby and our mates at the moment :(

Tags:

2. Duckwah

Duckwah New Member

you might want to post a question like this in the training are where a few more people will see it.

i don't know Melbourne since i'm from Sydney but Steve who runs the site is from Melbourne so if you send him a personal message you might get some good ideas

oh yeah and welcome to the board and hope you enjoy the OCR3 i've got one and for the money they are great bikes

3. chook1

chook1 New Member

hey madskier...

if you check out:

www.hawthorncycling.org.au

they have a number of training rides which anyone can join under their 'training' tab. most of them leave from around Hawthorn/Richmond.

The only one I have been on is the Mascot Cycles ride on sat morning to Blackrock. The pace was pretty cruisy on the way out, with some people choosing to pick up the speed (alot!) on the way back. But there were people there of all different standards - friendly bunch too.

cheers

chook

4. Shabby

Shabby New Member

Do the North Road bunch. 6am weekdays from North Rd and Nepean Hwy to Mordy and back to the city. It's probably 15km to get there from Richmond, but it's worth getting up early for.

Mon & Fri are easy, Tue & Thu are extremely hard and Wednesday's are medium, coming home fast. Oh, and if it's actually raining (not just wet roads) don't bother.

5. Kylie-Anne

Kylie-Anne New Member

Hey madskier, a great place to start is Cogs cafe (on beach rd in St Kilda) on Saturday mornings at 8am. There is a bunch of girls that goes out every weekend for a social ride. Usually the bunch splits into two bunchs...the faster and the less fast (to be politically correct:)). At the end we meet up at Cogs cafe and kick back and enjoy a well earned coffee with the girls!! If you check out the csv (Cycle sport victoria) website there is a section on chicks riding which also has a lot of info. There is also a few other chick social rides, but will post the details later when I find them!!