How's this for being TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS?!

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
_EDSC0467.jpg

LOL! Talk about a person that is fully aware of their surroundings and possesses outstanding peripheral vision! Are you kidding me?!

Tour de Beauce, Stage 2 beginning of the finale sprint. Credit Rob Jones.

pennstater said:

LOL! Better lock the door next time before you leave as her sleep-walking episodes are becoming more and more dangerous to her health:D...

tonyzackery said:
LOL! Talk about a person that is fully aware of their surroundings and possesses outstanding peripheral vision! Are you kidding me?!

Which is worse, Mr. Magoo walking out in the street; or the security guy in charge of keeping people from wandering onto the course, standing on the corner by that barricade, clapping and watching for the impact? :D

^^ Valid question. However, I've gotta believe the police officer's responsibilities lie more with making sure vehicles don't try to cross the intersection by going around the barricade rather than keeping blinder-wearing individuals from walking right out in front of a hard-charging peloton. What?! She couldn't even HEAR the racket from the cyclists coming at her?!

What's even worse is that if she would've got hit, she probably would be successful in her suit against the city (traffic officer's employer) for not keeping her from crossing when she did...

frenchyge said:
Which is worse, Mr. Magoo walking out in the street; or the security guy in charge of keeping people from wandering onto the course, standing on the corner by that barricade, clapping and watching for the impact? :D

Yeah, that officer was eagerly anticipating the impact between the peleton and "Mr. Magoo".

On further inspection, I'm pretty sure that the lady in the photo is actually a German camera man in female garb. I know I've seen him before...

Er, guys... where's her shadow gone?

All the bikes have shadows under them she doesn't. I'm guessing Photoshop here. Look closely at her feet there is definitely no shadow under her or it would be touching her back foot as the shadows touch the wheels of the bikes.

Sorry to be a downer but if she were that close to guys travelling that fast she would surely have been hit.

Yonni said:
Er, guys... where's her shadow gone?

All the bikes have shadows under them she doesn't. I'm guessing Photoshop here. Look closely at her feet there is definitely no shadow under her or it would be touching her back foot as the shadows touch the wheels of the bikes.

Sorry to be a downer but if she were that close to guys travelling that fast she would surely have been hit.

There's a reference to her in post-race interview as well, so maybe she's just really narrow from the front:

With respect to the woman walking onto the course during the sprint, Pinfold said: "Every year I see something different, I haven't seen that [before] and hopefully I never will again. I saw her, but the sprint was to the right and she was walking left, so I figured if she kept walking we would probably clear her." Canadian Cyclist - Tour de Beauce: Stage 2 PHOTOS, report and results

Good thing there wasn't a dime or something on the road in that spot.